Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fodorites, help me plan my personal travel websight!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2001, 08:09 AM
richardab

Many of you have visited my travel websight and I have received good feedback about the contents. I have completed my section on Rome and I am ready to start a new city. My problem? I don't know which city to start next! <BR> <BR>Here is a list of the cities I am planning for the sight, which one shall I do next? <BR> <BR>Paris, London, Strasbourg and Alsace, Munich, Venice, Florence, Madrid, Tokyo and my hometown Los Angeles. <BR> <BR>Here is the websight if you want to take a look-- <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab <BR> <BR>Thanks for the help! <BR> <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:51 PM
richardab

doesn't anyone want to help?

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Judy

Hi Richard, I checked out your web site and it is good IMHO. <BR>Why not do Madrid? I have not been, but would like to go sometime in the near future. <BR>What city would you like to do? <BR>Judy ;-) <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:01 PM
el

Why not do Paris and then Stockholm and if you have time I am interested in <BR>St. Petersburg Russia

Old May 10th, 2001, 06:59 PM
richardab

OOOPS! <BR> <BR>I haven't been to Stockholm or Russia. <BR> <BR>Yet.....

Old May 10th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Gerry

Richard: <BR> <BR>Why not just pick the one YOU want to do first. They're all good. And so is your website. <BR> <BR>Have fun, <BR> <BR>Gerry

Old May 10th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Andrea

It seems very, very obvious to me that you should do Paris first, based on the number of people that post "First trip to Paris - is there anything to see?" I think that it would be VERY helpful to have another site to direct them to. <BR> <BR>BTW, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your line "I want to go everywhere I've never been." That is EXACTLY my philosophy, I just didn't have a catchy way to phrase it. I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it (in conversation) - I'll give you full credit.

Old May 10th, 2001, 08:15 PM
richardab

I like that phrase too. It is all about the wanderlust in me.

Old May 11th, 2001, 02:22 AM
Lisa

I liked your website, Richard. I vote for Paris next. Will it be ready by 6 weeks time?

Old May 11th, 2001, 03:00 AM
Shannon

I'd have to say Paris and then London. Just because they are the most visited cities on your list.

Old May 11th, 2001, 03:14 AM
X

Either start out with Italy and do Florence next, or maybe Venice, or start out with major capitals first and do Paris or maybe London next. But really I don't care. Just do what you feel like working on next. and it's website, website, site, site, site.

Old May 11th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Ess

I agree with Shannon, do Paris and then London. You've already started with major cities. What a fun website, Richard! I'm going to save the address so I can visit again later.

Old May 11th, 2001, 09:07 AM
richardab

I am still undecided. I amleaning towards Florence, Munich and Paris....