Reload this Page >

Flying to Edinburgh

Search

Flying to Edinburgh

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 09:32 AM
Gytha

Flying to Edinburgh

My friend and her hubby are planning to fly up to Edinburgh at Easter. Can anyone suggest the best and most reasonably priced airline to fly with? I've looked on line at British Midland but they were very expensive. They would prefer to travel from Gatwick, if poss, as that's nearer to them.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 10:20 AM
Gregory

Hi,<BR><BR>From Gatwick at the moment only British Airways fly to Edinburgh. Easyjet (www.easyjet.com) will be starting a 5 flights daily from Gatwick to Edinburgh from 12th February (probably with good offers)<BR>Other Low cost carriers: Go from Stansted<BR>British European from London City<BR>Easyjet from London Luton<BR>Britsh Airways from Heathrow.<BR><BR>Fares will be ver expensive over the Easter weekend as it approaches so book well in advance for the cheapest deals if travelling over that weekend.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 10:33 AM
Ben Haines

If they book a month or so ahead the sleeper offers a cheaper and more convenient route. The return fare booked ahead is about 90 pounds a person in a 2-berth compartment. Go to bed at Euston 2300, train leaves 2340, arrive Edinburgh 0717, stay in bed, leave train by 0800. Book with Scotrail on 08457 55 00 33.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR><BR><BR>

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 12:35 PM
janis

If your friend thinks British Midland is expensive they should check out BA from Gatwick - that is REALLY expensive. Once EasyJet starts that may be an option. But from London the best way is probably by train. Not the Sleeper - that is expensive - but just the regular daytime fast train. From Kings Cross to Waverly Station takes a little over 4 hours and if you build in the necessary advance airport checkin and the transport to the airport it can actually take less time by train.

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 12:05 AM
Tony Hughes

Do the easyjet from luton.

Old Dec 24th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Gytha

Many thanks for the advice everyone. I'll fax her your replies. <BR>Have a good Christmas!