Flying from Paris to Pisa/Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've checked as many airlines as I'm aware of and I'm having difficulty finding a flight from Paris to either Pisa or Florence.

Easyjet has that route, but it leaves Paris at 6:00 a.m.! Getting up that early would ....well, ruin our vacation!

Help, Fodorites!

(And, no, this is not a field trip....just the three of us.)
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 03:38 AM

According to the Pisa airport site (www.pisa-airport.com), there are codeshare Air France/Alitalia flights from CDG, Ryanair flights from Beauvais and an Easyjet from Orly due to arrive today at 2025, so therefore likely to leave Orly around 1900.

As a general rule in Europe, the easiest way to find out who flies anywhere is to go to the arrival airport website and look up the day's flights. In fact, most also have fuller lists of future flights too
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I guess I'll be Googling a lot!
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 05:09 AM
ira

Hi F,

Have you looked at www.whichbudget.com?

Old Dec 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Flanneruk is more than right with his advice. The same advice goes when wondering about ground transportation, airports all have their own websites and list your options.

What date for your Paris-to-Pisa flight?

Picking a random date of Feb-9-09 I see the cheap Ryanair flight flanneruk mentioned, from BVA at 21:55 (arr PSA 23:30) for $56.12, and the easyJet flight from ORY at 18:50 (arr. 20:25) for $54.54.

Both give you a chance to spend most of that day in Paris before heading to the airport.

Florence will cost you a bunch more, the less expensive flights (but not cheap) are two-hoppers.

See www.skyscanner.net
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM

try flying into Pisa...larger airport ....more options....short train ride to Firenze....bingo!
The train is right there at the airport at Pisa.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Our trip isn't until May, so apparently Easyjet can't be booked yet.

<Both give you a chance to spend most of that day in Paris before heading to the airport.>

This is exactly what we're hoping for. We're just spending what's left of the day in Pisa with friends who live there, and then heading to Florence to spend three full days. We'll take the train from Pisa to Florence. My friend says there are four trains each day.

<Have you looked at www.whichbudget.com?>

Not yet. I'll check it out.

I tell ya', my Firefox bookmark list is getting lengthy for this trip!

Old Dec 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

<The train is right there at the airport at Pisa.> Great!
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM

There are many more than just four trains daily from Pisa (Centrale) to Firenze (S.M.N.). Two per hour at least, more during peak hours. Some stop in more, some in fewer places along the way, it can be as quick as an hour or so, or an hour and a half. No need to reserve, just validate (timestamp) the ticket in the yellow box near the platform access and hop on.

From the airport (Pisa Aeroporto) into town (Pisa Centrale) there are also a bunch of trains, mostly two per hour.

If you wanted to go straight on to Florence, with many connections you have to get off in Pisa Centrale and switch trains, not all go all the way. but it's easy.

Schedules at www.ferroviedellostato.it - wait until after the 14th of Dec. because right now they are switching over to the 2009 timetables and the website is less than reliable I've noticed.