Flying from London to Greece to Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there. I am new to this forum, so, if some things seem obvious, please bare with me.

Next may, I have decided I am going to go to Europe. I had a ticket I had to book and decided that I can pretty much get anywhere from London. So, I booked the departure date (from San Francisco) to London for May 10th, 2006. I will be returning to SF on June 3rd, 2006.

I decided that I wanted to go to Greece and wanted to see several islands from a sailboat. So, I found a company called SeaScapes - www.seascapes.com - and they offer a 14 day sail for up to 8 people between Greece and Turkey. The only problem is, they do not stop in Athens, which I have never seen and know I MUST before I leave.

The end of the trip - May 28-June 3rd, I will fly from Greece to Paris and meet up with some family members.

So, it seems I need to get around a bit and was hoping someone could help. The only thing I do not want to do is book a flight with Olympic Airlines. I have heard nothing but horror stories about them.

****If anyone knows the best way to get to these places -- and shortest amount of time travelling to these locations, I would appreciate some guidance.

Here is what I have decided, but am flexible except for the start and end dates and the 28th-June 3rd in Paris.

May 10th - 13th London
(I know, I am not staying very long).

May 13th London to Rhodes (Marmaris) Stay overnight, if it makes sense.

May 14th-27th Take a boat to another island where I will hook up with Seascapes - and spend the next 14 days sailing to and from various Greek and Turkish islands. Of course, we will go ashore and spend the day, but I figured -- why not see these places in a way that I love -- SAILING!

May 27th Fly to Athens from Leros. Spend the day and overnight in Athens.

May 28th-June 2nd Fly from Athens to Paris.

June 2nd. Take the Chunnel back to London - spend the rest of the day/night there.

June 3rd Fly back to the states.

Any help will be appreciated!
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 06:39 PM
rex

Welcome to the forum. Relatively evident you are new here - - how to tell it quickly? Click on your own name. It's a valuable tip that Fodors fails to provide toy when they send you that initial e-mail confirming youre registration - - useful for relocating your own posts, as they will inevitably "sink" towarss the bottom (the reverse is called "topping", which occurs, anytime a reply, no matter how brief, is added to your message "thread&quot.

<< if some things seem obvious, please bare with me...>>

As much fun as that might be, my wife not approve.

Regarding affordable intra-Europe flights, the website whichbudget.com is (one of) the most reliable source(s) - - it lists no airline serving the route PAR-ATH. But it's quite quick to take the train to Brussels, and you could fly from there.

Other sites are skyscanner.net and opodo.co.uk

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
rex

What are the chances that FrancineSF - - having received NO directions whatsoever from Fodors, does not know that she has a reply, nor how to locate this post, if and when she comes back again?

Sent to fodors.com - - they say that "Help" (and "Tips"? and "Rules"?) should be right around the corner. I hope that it's true.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 04:37 PM

One possibility London to Athens would be on EasyJet from Gatwick. Their schedule for next June will be open some months ahead..to be notified of exactly when go to www.easyjet.com/en and get your name on their mailing list. the earlier you book the cheaper the flight will be. And if you book early enough i can almost guaranteeit will be as cheap, if not cheaper, than ANY other airline on that route.
Old Sep 22nd, 2005, 05:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks very much to everyone who replied.

hahaha and yes, I did note my "bare" comment. Sheesh - I wonder what was going through MY mind at the time? Probably sailing the Greek Isles or something.

Anyway - thank you for the info. I will check into those options.

Since someone said there are no direct flights from ATH to Paris, I will probably just fly back to London so that it is considered a round trip and then take the chunnel to Paris. It will probably save some $$ on the airfare.

I will check those sites provided. Thanks again!
Francine