Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Florence - Looking for an more intimate cooking class

Mar 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

I am traveling to Italy in June and will have a few days in Florence. I am looking for an intimate cooking class for 4 people. Some of the ones I've seen seem to be for large groups (40+ people). I like the concept of shopping for the things we'll be cooking, and I don't mind being part of a small group (less than 20).

Does anyone know of a cooking class either in Florence or within 90 minute train ride that could consider?
Mar 5th, 2017, 06:28 PM

http://www.florencecookingclasses.com/ I did the market tour and class with them. Probably ten in our class.
Mar 6th, 2017, 01:39 AM

About 5 years ago my adult daughter and I took a Market Tour and cooking class in Florence - booked through Viator. There were maybe 14 people, but I do not know limit. We first did a walking tour of markets with tastings of various ingredients, the chef did some of the shopping for our class. We returned to the back kitchen of some restaurant and cooked for about 3 hours - all hands on - and ate what we cooked and drank wine. Class is still listed on Viator (small group market tour and cooking class). One of our favorite experiences - and we returned to both markets later in our trip.
Mar 6th, 2017, 01:59 AM

You should be aware that Viator doesn't operate tours. They're a reseller, and they don't indicate who is actually operating the tour. If it says "small group", you can rely on that, but if you see reviews for a Viator tour, keep in mind that you can't be sure that you're buying the same tour on their web site.
Mar 6th, 2017, 04:07 AM

That is why I listed the actual company not through viator.