Reload this Page >

Florence Limosine Services

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 11:39 AM
Jonathan

Does anybody have any experience with limosine services in Florence? We are planning a segment from Florence to Monaco. I would appreciate any imformation you can offer.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 12:13 PM
Helen Donegan

Hi Jonathan <BR>Why not go by train - it will take about 8 hrs and cost a lot less - look up www.trenitalia.com <BR>Helen Donegan, editor Italywithus.com - <BR>a free monthly eZine. <BR>[email protected] <BR>www.italywithus.com

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 12:34 PM
Jonathan

Thanks for your suggestion. <BR> <BR>However, we will be traveling with lots of luggage, the train makes three connections. I would also like to see Pisa and Portofino along the way.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 12:51 PM
Surlok

Jonathan, <BR> <BR>We made once a transfer from Florence to Venice arranged by the De La Ville hotel concierge, in Florence. We had the same problem you do, lots of luggage, and is not always easy to accomodate a large amount of luggage in trains, even more when you need to change trains. This driver was born in England, and the car, a wonderful, new Mercedes. We paid 700.000 lire for his services, but it was a year ago. <BR> <BR>Unfortunately, I lost the driver's card. Since it was his own car, he usually charges less than other companies, for he doesn't pay comissions, or have other expenses, other than the concierge comission. <BR> <BR>Why don't you fax your hotel in Florence and ask them to make the arrangements for you? <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 01:43 PM
Jonathan

Thanks for your advice. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 06:07 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Jonathan, Do a search and find this firm in Florence: Italy Independent travel Team--IITT. These guys are good. <BR>Run by an Italian with a USA MBA. It will not be cheap--I will guess $500.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 09:43 PM
Jonathan

Thanks