Reload this Page >

Picadilly Circus

Search

Picadilly Circus

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Peter

Picadilly Circus

Anyone stayed in Picadilly Circus-too noisy? I want a little action but not "Times Square" if you know what I mean. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 09:07 AM
snorkelman

Picadilly Circus is London's Equivalent to NYC's Times Square. Lots of neon and traffic

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Jayne

Hi <BR> <BR>I worked there... (Best place to work IMO) <BR> <BR>The hotel that I was aware of was the Regent Hotel... <BR> <BR>It's busy, alive and interesting.. <BR> <BR>It is not quiet - but you really are in the throw of things.. Good Restaurants and lively jazz bars along and around Bewer Street.. Up market shopping down Regent Street. <BR> <BR>Next to the best book store in London (Waterstones). <BR> <BR>If you can afford it - I would stay... <BR> <BR>But hey why not stay 4 days in piccidilly and then move on.. <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 07:09 PM
betsy

Oh, you'll get action alright! As the previous poster said, Picadilly Circus is Times Square. Personally, I wouldn't want to stay there as its incredibly crowded and busy. If you want to be in an area with nightlife I would choose somewhere in the West End, just not within 3 or 4 blocks of Picadilly Circus.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 05:24 AM
david

Peter <BR> <BR>The only hotel I am aware of in Picadilly Circus is the Regent Palace -one of the largest Edwardian hotels in Europe - very busy hotel but it doesn't have ensuite facilities - bathrooms are down the hall!! <BR> <BR>However, "Picadilly" (the road) has many high end hotels a couple of minutes walk from "Picadilly Circus".

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 11:17 PM
DeeInLB

We just got back from a week in London and a week in Paris, and I didn't like Picadilly Circus much. Lots of cheesy tourist shops, and at times it was super crowded. But that's just me...