Florence in March 2022- help with itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my husband and I are visiting my daughter in Florence in March. She is going to do a 4 month internship. We will be there for 10 days. We would like to stay in Florence during the week but take her away on one weekend. She loves the water, nature and culture. Any ideas on day trips and one or two longer trips? We like museums but love the countryside with lots of culture. Any ideas would be helpful. Also any air b and bs in Florence that would be recommended. Thank you!

Last edited by sueschindler2084; Oct 23rd, 2021 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 04:27 PM

I can't help with B&Bs but do Google trips from Florence to Livorno and Monterossa (part of the Cinque Terre so add that) for water/beaches. I happen to love Pisa; its Duomo is incredible and the town is less touristy beyond the Tower area. Siena is another fabulous place to visit.

The Bargello museum in Florence sometimes is overlooked but it's wonderful. Four months is fabulous.

If your daughter is free in May, here's a fun thing: https://traveltalesoflife.com/camogli-italy-giant-frying-pan/

Have a super trip.

Last edited by TDudette; Oct 23rd, 2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 11:45 PM
mjs

A full week in Florence is a lot of time for you. I suspect your daughter will have plenty of time to visit nearby places on her own or with new found friends during her 4 months. We spent 10 days in London while moving one of my daughters to UCL and I remember her asking us why we were still in London on something like day 4. If you have not spent time in Tuscany I would recommend that you and your husband do day trips on you own to places like Siena, Pisa, Lucca, San Gimignano.... If you wish to do a weekend trip with your daughter consider renting a car and touring the Val D'Orca. Could even add Orvieto if you have the time.
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 08:55 AM

I wrote Livorno and meant Viareggio above, sueschindler2084. Sorry!
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you'll have to stay flexible on most excursions and day trips in March weather. If driving, keep an eye on overnight temps and rain forecasts. Average temps rise through the month, but the chances of rain also increase.

If your dates are at the end of the month, the clocks change in your favor on March 27th. If your dates are at the beginning of the month, the last parade of the Carnevale Viareggio will be on March 5th.