Florence Hotel Help

Search

Florence Hotel Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence Hotel Help

To all those who have been so helpful so far (I haven't posted much, but have read ALOT!), thanks! Perhaps you can offer some additional advice: We 3 (family) will be in Florence for 3 nights in early June and still have not found a hotel (need a triple with private bath), many of the suggestions offered so far have been booked (surprise, surprise!). Anyone heard of Hotel Alamanni? Any other possibilities would be appreciated!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 05:55 PM

what's your budget?
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 06:52 PM

Try Hotel Casci very near the Duomo.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 07:36 PM

Another vote for Hotel Casci. Spotlessly clean, small (25 room) family-run hotel, wonderful buffet breakfast, fantastic family who run the place. Central to everything, can walk almost everywhere from there.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

to Sandi_travelnut: for our budget we'd like to stay below 200 euros/nt...

to sebinah: tried them...booked for our exact days.

to all: anyone familiar with this B & B: Bed & Breakfast Maison de Charme? It got great reviews on venere.com...
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 07:43 PM

it may be booked the the dei mori B&B is fantastic and so central you can not believe it....don't think they have 3's but could do double and single...??
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM

The Desiree has a triple ensuite for 165 E. during high season. Actually, I stayed in a triple there last month, and it was a good sized corner room. You may want to check it out.

http://www.desireehotel.com/
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:53 PM

willyw, I can recommend the Hotel Silla, where we stayed in June 2004. It is within your budget, and has a good location. Although it's on the south side of the Arno, it's just over the Ponte Alle Grazie bridge, which means it's convenient to walk to the Uffizi Gallery, the Santa Croce area, and the Boboli gardens. They are family-owned and family-run. Price includes breakfast. The front desk staff was excellent. They even made our advance museum reservations for us, while we were still home, and e-mailed our reservation numbers to us! (They volunteered to do us this favor and asked us our preferred times and dates.)

Hotel Silla was listed in Karen Brown's guidebook for 2004, not as a main feature, but as one of the "extra" places recommended. (Haven't looked in her more recent guidebook). check Hotel Silla's reviews also on www.tripadvisor.com for Florence hotels.

good luck!

Hotel Silla was clean, comfortable, and as I mentioned the front desk staff really excelled.
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM

willyw, I want to add to my comments about the Hotel Silla. If you want a quiet room, do request one. (Florence in general is a noisy city.) I requested a quiet room and got one. Also, I should mention that, while you shouldn't expect anything fancy, the Hotel Silla has it's own charm, and is a decent price in an over-priced city.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendation of Hotel Silla...alas it too is booked...

Any word on the other 2 B & B/hotels I mentioned in an earlier post?
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Here's my next update...The Desiree is booked, waiting to hear about Dei Mori B & B...and thanks again for all the suggestions, one of these is bound to be available!

The 2 I inquired about above do have rooms, that's why I mentioned them...
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Next update...Dei Mori B & B booked...
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Have you tried the Adler Cavalieri? I don't know if they have triples but it was 190 euro near the train station on Via Della Scala.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Yep, tried Adler Cavalieri, but it was a little over our budget (290 euros/nt)...
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Go to venere.com Type in your dates and then sort by price. Find something that seems appealing and is available first!

Then do a text search for the hotel name(s) here.

And maybe also on tripadvisor.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:21 PM

I had a great experience at La Pergola, family owned and very reasonably priced. Very quite close to the busline and about a 5-7 minute bus ride to central Florence. Best advice I can offer is to take a train to Sienna and eat lunch in the town center. By far the highlight of my trip.
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Have you checked Hotel Europa? They have amazingly beautiful suites (some with original frescoed ceilings) for less than 200€ per night.
We stayed in one on our honeymoon in 2004 (it was actually a 2 bedroom with one big bed in one room and 2 twins in the other room).
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 04:06 PM
MaureenB

Try the Relais Cavalcanti http://www.relaiscavalcanti.com/
They have triple rooms, with a max. rate of 155 EUR., according to the website.
My daughter is studying in Florence and has checked it out for our stay in early May. She said it's cute, very clean, and in a neighborhood by the Uffizi that she likes. They seem very helpful via e-mail. No breakfast is offered, but a commons room is available with complimentary drinks and snacks all day. The front desk isn't 24-hours, if that matters. It's more a home, than a hotel, from the way they advertise on the website. I'll post a trip report on it when I return, but probably not before you leave.

Old Apr 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM

Have you considered an apartment?

www.sleepinginflorence.com (san lorenzo apts.) They have apartments in your price range, but I don't know if they have a minimum night stay.

Can't beat their location!
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 05:44 PM

Here's another possibility:

Reseidenza Il Villino
They have an apartment room...but the 3rd bed is a sofa bed. Lovely hotel, though.

http://www.ilvillino.it/home.cfm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -