Search

London travel

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London travel

Visiting London for a couple of days before taking cruise out of Harwich this coming August . Will be staying in Oxford. What's the best option for going from Oxford to Harwich?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM

Just to be clear. You are visiting London but staying in Oxford? Or do you mean around Oxford Circus (i.e., in London, not 60 miles northwest)?

From LONDON, the best way to get to Harwich is either by train or coach. Someone here can tell you specifically which train station. Liverpool St.? Many cruise lines offer transfers even if you haven't booked air with them, so I'd also look into that. It may or may not be cheaper. Harwich is about 70 miles from London (in almost the opposite direction from Oxford ... so I'm really hoping you aren't actually staying there).
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM

This journey planner will give you all the info you need, whether you're travelling from London or Oxford:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...journey/search

If you mean you are staying near Oxford Circus Tube station (in the West End of London) as opposed to Oxford (the university city 60 miles north of London), you need to take the Central Line eastbound (the red line) direct to London Liverpool Station, which is the mainline train station for trains to Harwich. Tube journey will take you about 12 minutes.
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:57 AM

BTW, Harwich has more than one train station, so you will need to get a map out and research which one is nearest to your ultimate destination.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM

If it's a cruise then it's Harwich International