Florence Apartment Rentals

Jan 31st, 2006, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Florence Apartment Rentals

I screwed up BIG and need help. I had rented - meant to, anyway - a great apartment near the Duomo. Somehow though I didn't get them my credit card info to hold it and when I wrote to confirm found out they'd let it go. Now I need to find us (there single friends) a new place. Anyway have any suggestions? For either an apartment or a small hotel with the comforts of home? The Florence leg of our trip will be toward the end which was why the apartment would be great. By then we may need some space (ha).
Jan 31st, 2006, 05:30 AM
rex

Posting for you here... as a continuation... what you meant to say by "starting another post" (that is not the way to make an addendum, as they will never stay togther - - just post any corrections or added info as a "reply to yourself").

=========================

Part 2 (need an apartment)

Author: Sasayra
Date: 01/31/2006, 08:17 am

Sorry, hit the wrong button.

Also meant to say please, and thank you in advance!

Sara

===================================

Anyhow... welcome to the forum...

Best wishes,

Rex

Jan 31st, 2006, 06:10 AM

I can highly recommend the San Lorenzo apartments, which has several apartments to choose from, a half block from the Duomo.

http://sleepinginflorence.com/p01.htm
Jan 31st, 2006, 06:18 AM

www.homesintuscany.net. Run by an expatriot British lady and a local Italian lady, with LOTS of apartments available, including at the Duomo. They are reliable, prompt, and I have rented from them for the past 7 years on an almost annual basis.
Good luck!
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Rex. Oddly I'd posted those seconds apart. Clearly not my day!

Sara
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:14 PM

Try the Santa Croce apartments, or any of the other many apartments at

www.florencevillas.com

Owned by a Florentine family and their Australian DIL. Very nice people, and very well run business. I've been doing freelance work for them for about 4 years, and have stayed in some of their properties.
Jan 31st, 2006, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for your great tips. We've got a variety of options. I'm sure something will work out in spite of me!

Sara
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:21 PM

http://tinyurl.com/82laz

Sasayra - I don't know if this will help, but we are 3 single friends travelling together as well and chose this apartment for our stay in May. It has 2 bedrooms/double beds and sofa bed in living room. It's in the Santa Croce area.

Feb 1st, 2006, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone! Today after considering many of the options suggested by everyone, we rented a place at the San Lorenzo apartments. They had the best option for our dates. We very much appreciate all the great suggestions.

Sara
Feb 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM

Thanks for posting back Sara. Often we never hear what happened!
Feb 28th, 2006, 07:04 PM

I had booked this cute apartment in Florence near Santa Croce but ended up not staying there due to a 5 am train we had to catch -- my friend made us stay near the SMN train station instead.

The landlord seems very nice and after some pleading, she was happy to rent the place for 90/euro night for 3 nights. I regret not being able to stay here:

http://www.perfectplaces.com/7606

May 1st, 2006, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

If anyone ever needs to rent a short-term apartment in Florence, we stayed at the Casini unit in the San Lorenzo apartments in Florence for 5 nights and (mostly) loved it. The only reservation is that you have to be willing and able to climb a lot - 65, to be exact - of stairs. But that was the only downside.

Location was fabulous with the Duomo literally a half block away. There were three great restaurants at the foot of our apartment. Everything was nearby, it seemed. And the apartment itself was quite nicely laid out with two separate lofts, one with two twin beds and the other a king sized bed. I suppose some who are affected by noise would be bothered by the street traffic below, but it actually didn't bother us a bit.

Oh, and there are what seems like a dozen cats in the apartment across the way and they come out onto the terrace every morning; better than TV if you're an animal lover!

Sara
May 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Jed

How many bathrooms were there in the Casini unit? How were the bedrooms? Living room? Please describe the layout.

I am asking because I am looking for 2 couples who like privacy, but want some more room than a hotel room. Thanks.
May 11th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Thanks for reporting back, Sasayra. We stayed in the Lepri apartment in 2003 (also 65 steps up...must be next door) and really enjoyed it. The location was great and Gianna was very pleasant and helpful to deal with in booking.
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, Jed, didn't see your reply until just now. The rooms are really separate loft spaces so not enough privacy for two couples, at least not if they're particularly fond of each other (if you get my drift). Also one bathroom. But other units in the building might work out so I'd contact Gianna if you're still looking (and happen to catch this).

Sara
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:55 AM

talking about steps, our rome apartment had 81 to the front door, plus another 21 up to the ist terrace, and yet another 15 up to the roof. Worth it though!
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Jed

Thanks, Sasayra, but the Casini unit was taken.

Finally, we booked a 2RB, 2BA apt called Giotto, at Palazzo Oriuolo, near Duomo.

Search this Thread