Florence apartment

Old May 30th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Original Poster

Florence apartment

Looking for a vacation apartment in Florence. Would like 2 bedrooms, terrace, washer/dryer, elevator building. Looking for September 2018. Just starting my search. Would like suggestions on apartments and areas.

Has anyone stayed here? Or used this company

http://www.apartmentsflorence.it/Il-Magnifico.html

Any information would be appreciated
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:15 AM

That's a bit of a trek to things. I've stayed at an apartment in the Oltrarno, that's a bit of a walk to things, but not as far as the one you linked. How long are you staying? If it's a first visit and only for a few days, I would look for somewhere closer to the center.

The apartments I stayed in sleep 4, but don't have 2 bedrooms (and laundry is on the corner although there are drying racks available in the courtyard) so don't meet your criteria. Is this a family stay or couples? You can look at the location to get an idea of distance. It's about a 15 minute walk from these apartments to the train station. I've been to Florence multiple times so I wasn't trying to cram a lot of sites in a few days or I would have stayed a bit closer.

http://www.residenzailcarmine.com/
Old May 31st, 2017, 09:14 AM

We rented one that fits the description but sixth floor with no lift. I don't think lifts are in a lot of buildings.
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

It will be our first time in Florence - I prefer to stay right in the city - so that we can walk or take public transportation to where we want to go .

Here is a second apartment we are looking at

http://www.apartmentsflorence.it/Tor...i_Terrace.html

It will be two couples , that is why we prefer 2 bedrooms , and the washer is key because after 2 weeks in Florence - we will be going for 2 weeks in Barcelona

Any suggestion on area names so that I can search other apartments
Old May 31st, 2017, 02:57 PM

We stayed for two weeks in the Rezidenza della Ruote, and it not only fits your requirements but it was perhaps the best apartment among many we've rented in Europe. Check it out on Home Away. The reviews including mine are universally excellent, and the place is even better than the beautiful photos. The back garden is wonderful -- and it does have a washing machine. Extraordinary place and very conveniently located.