Florence& Rome small guided tours

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 02:25 PM
Johnston

Florence& Rome small guided tours

We will be in rome 24/12 for 4 days and Florence 3/1 for 4 days( 2 adults & 2 teenagers)Could anyone reccomend good tours that do the museums and the city. The kids enjoy it a lot more than reading a guide book. Fax numbers please. Any help for Assisi & Pompeii? I have tried Amex & tourist offices. Thank youi

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 04:19 PM
Zeidel

There is a company that does English language tours in Rome only called, I believe, Roman Adventures. There is a tour of the forum, the colusseum, the Vatican and the catacombs. The guides are particularly passionate about the sites (especially Joe, the owner, who was once a seminary student). I didn't arrange for the tours in advance--you will see their groups at the above sites and can easily approach them.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 05:55 AM
Carol

Try www.scalareale.org, it's a Rome-based company run by an American scholar and his Italian wife. They're very responsive by email and have the kinds of things you're interested in. They also have links with Florence guides.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 12:31 PM
edna

I second Scala Reale. They're very accomadating. Edna

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 04:16 PM
Mary

E-mail Pauline Priori in Florence @ [email protected].

She's a tour guide in Florence and Tuscany and comes highly recommended! She speaks both English and Italian and is fabulous!

We just came back and used her for 2 1/2 day tours. One day she took us around Florence historic center, museums included, and the next morning took us to a winery in an old medieval castle in Chianti. The winery included wine tastings and lunch. She is fabulous.

Old Nov 11th, 1999, 05:37 AM
Carol

Re Pauline Priori--Mary, what are her rates?