Reload this Page >

flirting warning

Search

flirting warning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:11 AM
kelly

flirting warning

recently returned from tour of italy and have this warning for woman. <BR>Be very careful of what you wear, when visiting bars etc because italian men seem to take everything as a come-on. <BR>Looking at someone for too long will invite unwanted approaches and I often had to fend off wandering hands, when in crowded areas. <BR>Disgusting. <BR>We should be allowed to wear whatever we like.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:18 AM
Al Godon

When in Rome do as the Romans do. <BR>And don't advertise unless you have something to sell. <BR>You are not going to change the attitude of Italian men!!!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Jamie

Think so? <BR>Is it that simple? <BR>How about in Saudi Arabia or Iran? <BR> <BR>Not trying to be obnoxious, just pointing out that when you are a visitor in another country/culture, remember that YOU are the guest. <BR>YOU must respect local customs. <BR>Do not expect locals to adapt to YOUR demands and expectations. <BR> <BR>So I'd have to disagree with your last comment. I DO NOT think you should be allowed to wear whatever you like...unless you're willing to accept the consequences.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 10:49 AM
jo

I,ve had men touch my boobs and one even felt me up on a bus once. <BR>I agree with the previous answer. <BR>Now I do not wear any revealing clothing at all. i.e short skirts etc. <BR>its just part of the territory and the culture. <BR> <BR>To my horror, I once watched a woman being pawed by two men in a train in japan. I never said anything, I was too scared, but I then heard that this happens often over there.

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 11:40 AM
z

As Dr. Phil says: When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences" <BR> <BR>z