flights within Greece

Apr 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

flights within Greece

Hi.
I've been on the Aegean Airlines website & they list a 1-way ticket from Athens-Santorini for 115 euros. Its for a weekday flight in late August.
Grab it or wait? What is considered a good price?
Thanks...
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:46 AM

Their best price is 19 euro plus taxes, but these have been sold out for a while now. What you see is what's left and the prices won't be coming down for this summer season.
Apr 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Yippee!! We have to pay like 5 times more!
How much time minimum do you feel is needed connection wise at the Athens airport? We will be flying from the US.
Also, should we consider taking a ferry from Piraeus to Santorini instead? I assume no, since it will take longer despite the lower cost.
Apr 25th, 2007, 01:12 PM

If you're going to try to connect to a domestic flight on the same day as your arrival I suggest you give yourselves 2 hours since you'll have to collect your bags, go through passport control and then recheck them on Aegean.

The car ferries take 7.5 hours and they will be extremely crowded in late August. Fly, my child, fly like the wind!
Apr 26th, 2007, 03:10 AM

Your true cost of the Aegean tickets won't be "like 5 times more", if that's any consolation. Those €19 tickets, while a very good deal, don't include taxes and fuel surcharge, so you will 'only' be paying about 2 times more. ;-)

The €19 ticket offer is a clever marketing technique, and gets Aegean lots of attention. Unfortunately, full fare passengers make up the difference for the few who get those cheap seats. I missed the €19 offer myself this year, and booked with Olympic instead.