Flights to london

Jan 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Flights to london

what airport should I fly into?
also, what is considered a good fare to london from NYC area?
Melissa
Jan 16th, 2006, 04:20 PM

I just saw a special 'web-only' deal on Delta, NYC to London (don't recall what airport). Didn't help me as fare was May / June departure with return no later than July, but it looked quite low for summer months, but I honestly didn't read all the fine print.
www.delta.com
Apparently they are finally running some routes from other than Atlanta (in this case, NYC)and trying to woo customers?
Bob
Jan 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM

When are you going? From now through March, I would consider anything in the low $400's to be a good fare. (I just booked flights from JFK to Heathrow on Virgin in March for $434.) Expect to pay more in April or May, and expect to pay considerably more in the summer months.

Either Heathrow or Gatwick is fine to fly into from NYC.
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:04 PM

don't pick an airport -- pick a fare, or maybe an airline if you have special favorites. Which ever airport you fly into has several forms of transport into London.

Melissa: you are posting all sorts of piece meal questions. Advice can vary depending on the other info (like needing handicapped access, where you are staying, etc)

I personally would stop posting new threads and tack some of your new questions on to your other threads.
Jan 16th, 2006, 08:18 PM

OK, Melissa -- I just checked. You have started 13 threads about your London trip in the last 24 hours. And as far as I can see you have not returned to ANY of them - to follow up, get any clarification, thank folks for the advice - anything.

You are going to get extremely disjointed advice if you continue this way.

I'm not trying to lecture, or give you "Rules" for using the forum - simply trying to help you use it more to your advantage.
Jan 17th, 2006, 09:30 AM
ira

ttt
Jan 18th, 2006, 11:55 AM

When you compare flights, just sellect "all airports." Better fares and better flight times are more important than which airport you arrive at.

And don't be afraid to arrive and depart from different airports. It might help you get a good deal.

Keith