Flight from London

Old May 21st, 2003, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight from London

Hello. I will be arriving in London on a Monday in early August this summer and I have 4 days to take a side trip. I was hoping for some good suggestions on what to see. I have looked at web sites that offer cheap airfare and there seems to be many possibilities. A few thoughts so far were Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, and maybe too much of a stretch...Cairo Egypt. I haven't found many cheap tickets to Cairo but others averaged around $80 round trip from Heathrow or Standsted in London. I have been to Ireland before and loved it. I am thinking maybe something different would be nice to see. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 21st, 2003, 02:35 PM

Have you been to London before?
Old May 21st, 2003, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Yes I have been there twice. I will be spending 4 days there when I get back from the side trip.
Old May 24th, 2003, 06:37 PM
rex

I'll make a vote in support of your thoughts to try Scotland. The (slightly) less traveled destination of Stirling is quite worth your while (in addition to the obvious other destinations).

Best wishes,

Rex
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:49 PM

I wouldn't bother with Cairo. It's too far away for such a short trip. Plus, if you only restrict yourself to Cairo there's not too much to see besides the pyramids. IMHO, Cairo itself is huge, dirty, busy and, well, kinda yucky for lack of a better word. I loved the pyramids and the museum, but to really appreciate Egypt, you'd have to travel to Aswan and Luxor at the very least and you'd need a week for that.

I'd go for Spain or Portugal or points in the UK. I don't know where you've been before and what the airfare is like, but places like Venice and Nice are quite doable in 4 days as well. Have a great trip!