Flea Markets

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 09:07 AM
Nancy

Flea Markets

My sister & I love to visit flea markets & yard sales here in the US. Where are we going to find the "best" place in Germany/Austria/Switzerland?

We will be driving so stopping will not be a problem.

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 02:34 PM
Glenn

Nancy, I have only been to a couple flea markets in Germany. Once in the black Forest area and a bunch in Berlin. The one in the Black Forest we just stumbled apon and followed the signs. IT was small but interesting. The ones in BErlin are rather large and held on Sunday morning. Check out the Germany section at gogermany.miningco.com The host has a chat session every Wednesday night. She might be able to offer some advice about such things. Glenn

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 03:01 PM
Teri

Nancy:

Berlin has flea markets every Saturday and Sunday on Strasse (street) des 17 Juni near the Siegessaule (victory column). It is quite large. There are two sections - old items and newer items. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 07:00 PM
Jeanie

Nancy,
In Vienna there is a flea market every Saturday at the Naschmarkt. The Naschmarkt is an open air market that is open every day, well maybe not sunday. But it is great. On Saturdays they also have a flea market. Check a guidebook for directions on how to get there - it is easily accessible by the U-bahn.
Jeanie

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 05:25 AM
Maira

We ran into a whole street flea market experience near the city center in Salzburg on an early Friday afternoon. We learned that they have them starting in May on weekends. Parking around the area is very scarce, which was very dissapointing because I was already selecting items from the car (sweaters, linens, wood-carved souvenirs, etc...)