Search

Flamenco in Seville-buying tickets

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flamenco in Seville-buying tickets

Hi
A lot of people really seem to like the Casa de la Memoria flamenco show and the price is more in line with our budget than other places. We're only going to be in Seville for one night though- will we be okay buying tickets in the morning for a show that same night? (or are tickets only at the door?) Or do they sell out before the day of?
There doesn't seem to be a way to reserve any online. Thanks!
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
We were in Seville two years ago early June.

Casa de la Memoria was two minutes walk from our hotel, Casa de la Juderia.

Somebody we met told us about the show. An hour long. No "drink" included. Three performers.

We walked by the theatre and somebody was standing outside handing out flyers. We bought tickets for the later show.

Get there a half hour before the show starts to be near the front of the line. No reserved seats and not many at all. Then again, there are no bad seats. The chairs ring 3 sides of the slightly elevated stage.

Definitely worth seeing. The other "tourist" shows are longer and have larger crowds. This one is great and is not as well known. Just what we wanted.

After the show you can visit the museum they have upstairs.
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Ian

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
They sell them at the door. We bought ours mid-afternoon for the late night performance. You shouldn't have a problem.

Ian
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Great, thanks!! I really want to see it, so I had actually considered adding a second night as a "just in case". Sounds like I should be okay though. Thank you!
Old May 4th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Tickets were sold at the door. When I was there in March, there were 2 shows for the night I wanted, at 7 pm and 9 pm. The 9 pm was sold out. So, it really depends on the day you want and whether there are multiple shows for the same night.

If it is sold out, you can go to the more expensive shows. That should still be cheaper than adding an extra day just for seeing the show.
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:16 PM

If I recall correctly, the night we went the first show was sold out, and the second was available. (Two different shows, by the way: the first was a Sephardic group, the second was flamenco.) We bought tickets the day before, for a Tuesday night late October. Availabilty may differ based on when you're there.

It was a fantastic show, and really worth going to.

Is there any way that you can contact your hotel and see if they can purchase tickets for you ahead of time?

But, if adding a second night in Seville is a possibility and you're only going to be there for one night now, I think that you could easily fill a second day with things to do to make it worth the while! Seville is a fantastic city!
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:18 PM

By the way, go to the tourist office and ask for a list of shows. They have a list with times/prices/phone #s.
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again! We are considering adding a second day to Seville anyway...just so hard to fit everything in that we want to do!!