Reload this Page >

First time in London & Munich

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Jana

There are four of us going for the first time ever. We are spending one week in each. Any advise? I'm packing one pair of black pants, one "travel" long dress, two pairs of shorts, some tops to mix and match. A sweater and a jacket. Should I pack a heavy jacket and a raincoat or just a jacket and an umbrella? I really appreciate any advise!

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Jen

I would advise you to (1) tell us WHEN you'll be going and (2) read the many threads that already exist on packing, weather, and these 2 cities.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:10 AM
jana

Oops. We are going 1-15 June. I have read many of the threads, some with very conflicting info. Thanks!

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Wayne

I won't tell you what to pack, but the weather in Munich will be about like the weather in Philadelphia in June: highs in the 70's to 80, lows in the 50's usually. I have been in Munich, though, in early June when it was very warm (high about 85 and low about 70). <BR><BR>London in June is, unfortunately, totally unpredicatable, except that it's a lot better than London in January. Averages mean very little for London weather, but the average highs should be just around 70, and the average lows around 50 to 55. I've seen London in June at 55 or so for a high, and I've seen highs in June over 80. But if you bracket your clothing around the average temperatures, you should be OK. As for the rain, I advise you to take a weatherproof jacket and umbrella.

Old May 28th, 2002, 11:45 AM
janis

I STRONGLY recommend going easy on the shorts. Maybe (just maybe) stick in one pair in case you do some country walking, etc. or go on a picnic. But neither London nor Munich are "shorts-type" cities. You will need at least 2 pairs of pants and a skirt/dress. You won't have much need for shorts.<BR><BR>You won't need a heavy jackey - but a warm sweater or light jacket/waterproof would be useful.