London weather

Jan 20th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

London weather

Can anyone tell me what months have the best weather to visit London? I am thinking early June or September/Oct. of visiting. I hear it rains so much there and can be cool.
Jan 20th, 2004, 05:11 AM

Try www.worldclimate.com or www.weather.com.
Jan 20th, 2004, 05:15 AM

The weather in England is very changeable. We don't actually get a lot of rain: many other places in Europe, including Napoli, actually have a higher annual rainfall than London. In any month, it might rain a lot here, or it might be sunny. June is, on average, a fairly dry month, daylight is longer and there are fewer visitors. I'd say it's the best time for visiting, but you might come here and find it's cool or it's raining.
Jan 20th, 2004, 05:16 AM

I would say early June rather than Sept/Oct, May/June/July tends to be the best time for good weather. Although British weather is extremely unpredictable, 2003 saw a heatwave so hopefully there'll be more of the same in 2004.
Jan 20th, 2004, 09:37 AM

I enjoy every month in the UK - but in general the best combination of temps, rainfall and garden color would usually be in June/early July and Sept.

But just as easily -- May could be warm and wonderful, and June cool and stormy. Just no guarantees . . . .