Search

Finishing Touches Christmas in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2018, 12:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finishing Touches Christmas in Europe

Hi All

I am putting the finishing touches on our 5 week Europe trip this Christmas and I have a couple of random questions I am hoping I can get some help on.
1) We need to get from Seefeld Austria to Munich Airport to catch our Flight to Edinburgh leaving at 2.10pm. Is the direct Flixbus from Seefeld to Munich Airport the best way to do this or is it better to train, the trains seem a bit confusing and with a few changes. Any suggestions appreciated.
2) I read about a company recommended on here that does airport transfers from your hotel/accommodation to Heathrow however I cant find the thread. If anybody knows the company can they please let me know. They came highly recommended on here but I forgot to write in down.

Thanks in Advance
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 12:09 AM

Hi Charnley,

Flixbus can very often be very late, like 1h or 2h late, due to traffic jams and winter road conditions. I have taken it a few times between Garmisch (where I live) and the airport, and friends have also taken it. If you want to do that, it would probably be best to take it the day before, just in case.

Using trains is awfully easy. You may just want to spend some time at the rail websites to get accustomed to the terms, etc. It's quite easy to make connections; I am a small 63-year-old woman, and I have no problems with it.

www.db.com
German rail site

Österreichischer Turnerbund ? Willkommen auf der Homepage des ÖTB!
Austrian website

Have fun as you plan!

s
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks you I will look into that. I was concerned that the buses would be subject to delays. From what I can make out we need to leave from Seefeld to Mittenwald then to Munich and them up to Munich Airport. Does that sound correct.

We are so looking foward to spending Christmas is this beautiful part of the world

Thank you
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 01:07 AM

Yes, that sounds correct.

You can use the Werdenfels Ticket + Innsbruck for this trip, a good bargain. It will cover the entire journey. Here's the info:

https://www.bahn.de/p/view/angebot/r...nnsbruck.shtml

Can't find it in English, but you can use Google's language tools to translate it.

Basically, it is 27 € for the first person, and 11 € for each additional person.

Have fun!

s
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 06:53 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
• You will want to be in Munich the night before your flight out -- definitely shouldn't be traveling from Seefeld on the same day as a 2PM flight.

• One of the best London car services is justairports.com - has been recommended hundreds of times on Fodors (probably thousands)
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 04:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much that's the one. I just couldn't find a post with it in, I obviously was not searching correctly. Thanks for all your help, this forum has been wonderful for planning.