Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

finally my tips for restaurants and nice places in provence!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 12:56 PM
christina

ciao a tutti! <BR> <BR>now i have finally time to write it down: <BR> <BR>- Restaurant La Cambuse <BR>5, Cours Saleya <BR>Vieux-Nice <BR>Réservation: 04 93 89 82 40 <BR> <BR>not too bad restaurant, nice ambiente, very nice bathroom. <BR> <BR>- Restaurant La Fine Bouche <BR>Cédric et Sally <BR>700, Route de Grasse <BR>06140 Tourrettes sur Loup <BR>Phone: 04 93 59 26 60 <BR> <BR>incredible good french kitchen!! both where chef in london, now cédric is the chef here and sally his wife is doing the restaurant. the fact that she's english is PERFECT! she helps you with everything. <BR> <BR>- Beach Restaurant Cap Mail <BR>Plage privée <BR>Suzanne et Roger Sauvan <BR>R.N. 98, Plage de San Peire <BR>83380 Les Issambres <BR>that's on the coaststreet between cannes and st. maximes. <BR> <BR>very good light salads, they don't speak a word english but they were nice. <BR> <BR>- t-shirts and cool stuff: <BR> <BR>Galerie 11 <BR>T-Shirts Artistiques <BR>Gilles Paolini <BR>11, Rue Grande <BR>06570 St. Paul de Vence <BR>www.galerie11.com <BR> <BR>- for very nice provencal tissues, pottery and soap: <BR> <BR>La Poterie du Peyra <BR>Place du Peyra <BR>06140 Vence <BR> <BR>www.pays-vencois.com/poteriepeyra <BR> <BR>i bought there all the cushions for the chairs for my bar and my lifepartner had to pull me out of this shop...... <BR> <BR>i hope this can give one of you a hint? <BR> <BR>tanti saluti <BR> <BR>christina

Old May 5th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Capo

Thanks Christina, I'll keep these for future reference. <BR> <BR>I'd like to add one to your list, Christian Ruiz, a painter in Vence. I stumbled upon his atelier three years ago and bought a couple of small paintings from him. <BR> <BR>Here's his website: <BR> <BR>http://www.cawpa.com/christian-ruiz/

Old May 5th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Libbie

Thanks Christina, I will keep your note handy. But it would help me if you could give an indication of prices in the restaurants you listed -- just something like "expensive" or "cheap" or "good deal." <BR> <BR>Where in Italy are you? Are you Italian? <BR> <BR>Libbie

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 02:16 PM
christina

topping for monica!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Monica

Thanks Christina!<BR><BR>Ciao!