Search

fielding hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 09:17 AM
jackcd

fielding hotel

we had reservations at he fielding in london in feb. but were scared off by some of the comments in your discussions. about 4 days before departure i began fishing arount the internet to see who was offering bargains. it was feb. i managed to get a reservation at the drury moat house (4 stars) in covent garden for 100L with breakfast. this was a very good deal and bargain. jackcd

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Edwin

I think they might have upgraded The Fielding a bit since some of these postings in '99. I was there last February and found it spartan - yes - but clean and comfortable. Pack light as there is little room for storage. I stayed in a single on the 2nd floor. There's no elevator or bell staff, so you'll have to lug your luggage up the stairs (another reason to pack light!). The baths are a bit larger than otherwise indicated, but it's an en suite shower stall only - no tub, a toilet, a sink. There also weren't any toiletries provided other than soap,but a Metro grocery/market is nearby for shampoo, take-out snacks, and, well, groceries. There was no shortage of hot water ever. Breakfast is no longer served here. Plenty of area cafes (and a Starbucks) very close. There is a small resident's bar if you need that sort of thing. Here's the good part: it's a bargain. $110-$200 US for a room depending on single, twin, double, etc. in the best part of London - one of the most expensive cities in the world. Don't reserve here if you want to clap your hands for service. It isn't that kind of party. Is $110 too much to pay for what's offered? Of course it is, but this is London, and if you want the kind of service you get in The States for $110 a night, you'll have to pay $200-$250 and up. The location is the key here. You're a block-and-a-half from the Covent Garden Tube station. You're are three blocks from the best theatres in London. You're, essentially, half way between Buckingham Place and Parliment House on one side, and the Tower of London on the other. You're never far from where you need to crash after seeing the sights. I found it most convenient, astonishingly affordable. There is a website now. Go to Google and search for The Fielding Hotel. There are pictures there of the rooms available. It'll give you an idea of what to expect.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:46 PM
jean

To be in that area..try the thistle Trafalgar square. They have good specials. Nothing fancy.<BR>Jean

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 05:15 AM
elaine

topping for Melissa

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 05:22 AM
kate

jackcd, it sounds like you've got a good deal at the Drury Moat House, great location, decent hotel, I'd stick with it.<BR><BR>kate<BR>London