Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

ferry Athens to Rhodes - is it possible to really sleep?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM
carolgs

We are considering taking an overnight ferry from Pireaus to Rhodes. If we do, are the cabins quiet and comfy enough to get a good night's sleep? Is there one ship that is better than another? Any ships/cabins to avoid? Thanks.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Bad Vibes

I don´t know this ferry, but normally the cheaper cabins are below the car deck. To be honest, they are probably between the engines. Inside the engines?

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Yiannis

Dear Carol,<BR><BR>No need to worry at all. There are several boats to Rhodes and all of them offer cabins to sleep. Usually you get a nice sleep in a A class cabin. The truth is tha few of these boats are getting old. There is one I know for sure that will impress you and totaly cancel what the previous message mentioned. It;s the Blue Star I boat and belongs to www.bluestarferries.gr Take a look at theirs site. From what I know that's the newest boat reaching Rhodes. Be careful with the schdules.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Carolina

Blue Star Ferries have a good reputation. Superfast are good but I don't think they do that route. <BR>Also, consider flying, it'll probably be cheaper as well as quicker. Take a look at Oympic Airways and Aegean Airlines - both have websites.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 03:38 PM
al

I agree with Caroline. Olympic may be just as cheap all things considered. Also..be careful about when you plan to go. The seas can be rough.