Feldkirch, Austria

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Europhile

Feldkirch, Austria

I might have the opportunity to live here for a year. I would like to relocate to Europe so that I can travel and see more of the continent. Does anyone know anything about this city and if it would be a good base to visit other cities in Europe? Cost of living compared to living in Vienna?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Europhile

Sorry...I'm also wondering if living in a capital city would make is easier to travel to other places, but is this affordable? I would be making money teaching English.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 11:08 AM
ingrid

Well, I know Feldkirch mainly from driving through. Lake Constance is certainly very nice, and skiiing is easily accessible. Trips to Zurich, the Alps, Italy, Switzerland are pretty easy. In trms of living costs, I would definitely expect it to be cheaper that Vienna.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Blah-Blah Walters

I've visited Feldkirch many times. It's great for touring the Alpine region. You could walk to Liechtenstein and Switzerland is only minutes further down the road. Southern Bavaria is a short drive away while Italy is also do-able in the same day. I envy you. <BR> <BR>Feldkirch itself has some interesting churches and battlements. There are a number of good Balkan restaurants in town too.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 06:52 PM
steve

Stayed one night in Feldkirch 30 yrs ago. Seemed a nice town. There was a parade thru town that night. Right next door to Lichtenstein and Switzerland.