Feedback on an apartment in rome

Jan 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Feedback on an apartment in rome

Hi,

You've all been tremendously helpful. I have finally found an apartment which in in the area we wanted and is within our price range. Our tickets are booked for 28th February-4th March.

Here is a link for the apartment:

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p89872

Please let me know if any of you have ever rented this apartment. Or any other feedback that you might want to give regarding location and the apartment itself. This is my first experience of renting and I am a little vary. Though I must say the communication till now has been extremely fast.

Hoping some of you can give me some feedback.

Thanks

Jan 7th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

The exact address for the apartment is:

VIA DEI CAPPELLARI 37, ROMA.

Jan 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Dear Sunlight... this apartment looks very cute and Campo di Fiori is right in the heart of it all. Last year we stayed in an apartment close to the Piazza Navonna and had a MAGICAL week! We have rented several apartments in Italy and would trust "holiday-rentals". You got a really good price, too. You will have a GREAT time!!!
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM

That's a great location. The pictures look nice. The one thing I would wonder about is the size of the bed. It looks smaller than a full double bed, but maybe it's OK.

I don't see any indication of what floor it's on. I would want to know how many stairs are involved. I also don't understand the reference to a train to Campo de' Fiori. There's certainly no train that goes there!
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:42 PM

I agree with Susan, that bed looks smaller than a double. I think what they were talking about is the Leonardo Express train to Termini. Or they could be talking about the tram that goes near there from the regional train station.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a brain fog now, so not remembering the name of the station or number of the tram.

The price looks great.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM

dave, I'm sure you're right, but the description makes it sound as though the train goes to Campo de' Fiori. I wanted to be sure she knew it didn't, although she probably did know that. Termini isn't close to Campo de' Fiori.
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:56 PM

I have stayed practically next door at VIA DEI CAPPELLARI 27. Very narrow ancient street with lots of "personality." can be a tad noisy when late night revelers are going home and the early morning push carts are rolling to the market. Also it is maze-like so pick out a few landmarks so you can find your way home off the plaza.

I LOVED this location. My apartment was really great. Short walk up to Corso Victor Emmanuel for buses and groceries. Right next to Campo di Fiori. I walked all over Rome from this apartment! I wish I were there now, sigh.
Jan 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your responses.

I believe given our requirements this apartment does suit us very well. I have written a mail to confirm, though I have asked what floor it is on. I am hoping it's not above the third floor, though that certainly is not a deal breaker for us.

rjkollar, dave, Susan and vivi thanks again for your responses. Vivi your detailed description of the area and your enjoyment of it really helped in our decision.

Thanks yet again
Jan 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM

Yes, be sure to check how many stairs are involved! This apartment was on the 3rd floor so there was quite a bit of stair-climbing involved. And the stairs were very uneven and made of concrete--a lot of navigating involved.

(In Florence I had to go up 80 very narrow steps and in Venice the stairway was never ending. Now I ALWAYS check which floor the apartment is located on!)
Jan 8th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Hi Vivi,

I checked and the apartment is on the first floor (2nd floor for US). This sounds good.

I am really looking forward to our trip now.

I have to get to reading a fewbooks based in Rome now.