Search

Fawlty Towers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:12 PM
Paul

Fawlty Towers

I heard that the Faulty Towers in Rome is a great, inexpensive place to stay, especially for travelers traveling alone. Has anyone stayed there? <BR> <BR>p.s. On my last topic I put in Monty Python instead of Faulty Towers. I feel like a complete idiot. I had the wrong name of the place it is called Fawlty Towers. I can't believe I did that.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:16 PM
Book Chick

Actually, no need to feel foolish, because I think it turned out to be one of the very best threads we've had here! (And thanks for it, BTW.) <BR>BC

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Paul

It was quite funny after I told some of my friends who are huge Monty Python fans. Im not going to live that one down for a long time.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:55 AM
nancy

Paul, <BR>posted on the other one. <BR>But, you can read about the F.T. in the book <BR>Let's Go Rome. <BR>If you do not have access to the book, and would like me to send you the info I have, E- me. <BR>

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:58 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Paul Have not stayed <BR>at FAWLTY TOWERS, but it is located <BR>on the via Magenta, 39, it is a two star hotel with 14 rooms, 4 single, 10 double <BR>Its about a block north of the Rome <BR>Termini RR Station, Say hello, to <BR>Basil..Richard of LaGrange Park, Il..

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Julie

Paul, Although I haven't stayed at Fawlty Towers, I happen to know that it's recommended in Rick Steves' Italy guide. Just in case you don't have it (and I'm quoting the book here): "Fawlty Towers, Via Magenta 39, tel & fax 06-445-0374, e-mail: [email protected] is a backpacker-type place well run by the Aussies from Enjoy Rome. It's young, hip, and English-speaking with a rooftop terrace, lots of information, and now curfew (shared co-ed 4-bed dorms). Reservations can be made by credit card but pay in cash." Hope this helps - and I have to admit - I enjoyed everyone's contributions to your Monty Python posting.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 05:07 AM
Julie

Er...that's "no" curfew not "now"...but then you probably figured that out.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Paul

Thanx for the advice. I think I will stay there. What is the best way to book? Through a booking agency or to just call them since they probably speak some english there?

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Boom

I regret to inform you that Fawlty Towers burned down while the staff looked for the holy grail. Those travelling alone remains are unidentified. They promise to reopen as a more expensive place for doubles.RIP.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Gungadin

I still say Capo, capro is Rex.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Paul

What is the best way to book? Through a booking agency or to just call them since they probably speak some english there? <BR>