Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Patrick

No contest -- sticky toffee!!!!!!!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Book Chick

Figgy

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Dallas

Come on, Book Chick, have you ever actually had figgy pudding? If so, where? I love figs; would love to try figgy pudding. My favorite is bread pudding.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 04:16 PM
scarlett

My mama used to make banana~

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Raina

Pudding also includes sausages...white pudding, black pudding big in Ireland. nasty blood filled things.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:40 PM
John G

I adore suet pudding and Yorkshire pudding with very rare roast beef and horseradish.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Vita

vanilla

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:48 PM
flan

Creme caramel...hands down. But..oh..the calories!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Audrey

Does creme brulee count? I could live on that!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:06 AM
sylvia

If you go to Helen's British Cooking site http://www.hwatson.force9.co.uk/cookbook/cookbook.htm<BR>mand click on desserts, you'll see loads of lovely fattening puds.<BR>She has a winter fruits brulee but doesn't have the classic creme brulee. In spite of its French name this is an English dish invented in either an Oxford or Cambridge college.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:46 AM
Butch

Bread and butter pudding. Yum, yum.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:53 AM
demi

Dallas,<BR>I'm sure Bookchick probably has had Figgy pudding , It's a tradtional christmas pudding in UK. want a recipe to make it yourself, that's what I do.<BR><BR>http://www.cooksrecipes.com/dessert/figgy-pudding-with-custard-sauce-recipe.html<BR><BR>My favorite is sticky toffee, by the way.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Dallas

Thanks, demi. That sounds delisous! I'm going to try it as soon as I can get some figs. They're not in our stores right now.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Book Chick

Dallas,<BR>Experiences with it have included my childhood Christmases in Canada at the home of relatives, around Twelfth Night in London at the home of a classmate in 1987, and assorted winter visits either to Canada or the UK over the course of my lifetime. Twelfth Night in London stands out in my memory because I thought the desserts would never end!<BR><BR>Good Travels & Good Appetite,<BR>BC<BR><BR>P.S. Thanks, Demi. I have personally never attempted to make it!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Tracy

Hey, check out<BR><BR>http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/foodinfocus/news_stgeorgeday.shtml<BR><BR>for puddings, desserts & aft tea recipes near bottom of the page!<BR>HTH

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:35 AM
S

Harrods Christmas Pudding - The best

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:41 PM
lisa

Banana pudding like they make it down south (where it counts as a vegetable on many a restaurant "vegetable plate" -- gotta love that!), with Vanilla Wafers and whipped cream on top. Mmmm-mmm.<BR><BR>And rice pudding sometimes too.<BR><BR>But where do Fodorites stand on the key question of pudding skin? My least favorite part of the pudding, but I've heard others claim it's their favorite.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Dallas

Lisa, I love pudding skin! If I don't watch myself, I'll eat half the pudding while it cools by skimming off the skin. Hmmmmmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -