Reload this Page >

Favorite restaurants in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 12:25 AM
JP

I'm taking off for Italy soon and will be in Venice,Ravenna, Florence, the Umbrian countryside near Perugia,and in Rome. I'd love some restaurant suggestions. We will be driving between these destinations so we could also stop for a special meal in between these places.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 03:49 AM
Rob

In Florence sugest IL Latini. Very nice atmosphere , waiter tells you what's on for the day, English spoken, frequented by locals rather than tourists, and the food is truly Tuscan all the way. If I remember correctly, it's bigon meat & pasta, not so much fish. <BR>Visit the Zagat site, they give detailed reviews of restaurants in the cities you mention. <BR>Good eating!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 06:25 AM
dale

in the wonderful town of bevagna, near montefalco, is enoteca piazza onofri. great wine, excellent food, quaint atmosphere. reservations probably not required. tel: 0742 361926. buon viaggio.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Lesley

Perugia is a lovely university town with a great restaurant called Cafe Perugia right in the centre of things. It has three floors each with a totally different set of offereings and we had one of the best lunches of our lives in the middle floor overlooking the activity below...going back next month for the glamour of the upper room...have the salad...you can't believe what simple produce can be in the hands of a master

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 10:49 AM
dale

should have mentioned this earlier, but i would also recommend l'incontro near campo s. margharita in dorsoduro. no fish, which is unique for venezia but excellent beef from a sardinian chef. ciao.