Favorite hotel in Delphi Greece?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a favorite hotel that is reasonable for a one night stay in Delphi Greece that is close to everything? I am renting a car with my college daughter and traveling there in two weeks and would like to spend the night without the crowds of the tour buses,etc. Thanks! If you drove up there, how was the driving?
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 03:10 PM

The Acropole Hotel in Delphi is one street down from the congested area and offers beautiful views from its rear rooms. We could see all the way to the sea beyond from our balcony.
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:53 PM

I've stayed at Amalia some years ago and love it. Large airy rooms with balconies. It's still #3 on Tripadvisor. [Acropole is #2.]
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM

Sorry to say, I stayed at the Amalia Delphi 1 night during my 3 week trip last May, and it was the "low-light" of our trip.

The hotel caters to massive hordes of bus tourists. It has the "charm" of a concrete bunker, and rooms were gloomily decorated. The breakfasts were absolutely the worst of the entire trip. Because we were too tired to go out for dinner, also ate dinner there, food was equally bad.

All this, and "only" 160 Euro per night

In it's favor, it had good views toward the sea & mountains, and reasonable USA-syle bathrooms & shower.

Seems I've had bad hotel experiences near Delphi. In 2000, stayed at Best Western Hotel Anemolia in Arachova. Also would *not* recommend this medium priced hotel.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:49 AM

I also stayed at the Amalia and I must say that the breakfast buffet was spectacular. I couldn't believe all the choices. Maybe it has gone downhill since I stayed there?? It has a large pool. Yes, it is made of stone and looks like a bunker, but that also makes it very cool in the heat of the summer. And Delphi gets VERY HOT in June, July, and August.
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:25 PM

I stayed at Amalia Delphi last May 2006. Amalia's breakfast buffet had semi-stale, non-homemade rolls, juice from frozen concentrate, granola cereals that were going "soft" and had lost crispness, etc.

This was in stark contrast to the generally fresh and tasty breakfasts we had everywhere else.