Favorite B&Bs near Salisbury

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a favorite B&B in or near Salisbury? We are looking to spend our first night in the UK there.

Bill
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:35 PM

Hi Bill

We stayed at Bridge Farm B&B (just outside of the town of Salisbury) last May and absolutely loved it - very picturesque setting with 2 swans in residence in the stream which runs through the back garden. There is a path which leads from the farm along the river and through fields into the town. It was the first time we had ever stayed in a B&B and Norma (the owner) is a real delight.

Check the website www.bridgefarmbb.co.uk - and if you end up booking, tell her hello from Helen and Paul from Sydney.
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:06 AM

Hi,

We stayed at the Byways House in Salisbury, about a 5 minute walk to the middle of town. It was great. Great location and reasonably priced. You can find info about them at www.smoothhound.co.uk, and they have their own website (search on google).

Karen
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

These both look great. I always struggle with staying in the city which is convenient (especially on a 1st night) or staying outside of town in a more rural area (which I love). Oh well, gives me something to ponder. Thanks for the help!

Bill
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:09 PM

We stayed at the Gallery on Wyndham Road in Salisbury. Good location on a Victorian residential street -- didn't touch our car during our entire stay. Casual and relaxed rather than luxurious, the room was quite comfortable, with a very good ensuite bathroom. 38 pounds per room a night.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:22 PM

Here are my comments in my travel diary for a stay near Salisbury in June: Selected a B&B (Newton?s Farmhouse, Whiteparish) on the way out of town (about 8 miles) and that turned out great. Had a little rear cottage room, ground level, parked right in front. Went into the little town of Whiteparish for a great dinner and dessert ? a real treat. Such nice people. It?s 9:00 pm now and I?m sitting outside our cottage on a bench and just enjoying the atmosphere. They have a huge backyard with a pool and a horse in the back. The owners are plant/flower enthusiasts so the place is blooming all over. Very rural.

I highly recommend this B&B. With directions from the owner, went right into a parking lot to walk around Salisbury. Any questions, please e-mail me a [email protected]