Search

farm vacations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:54 PM
sue

farm vacations

Can anyone recommend a working farm/b&b in England or Ireland where I can take kids for a few days?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:04 PM
xx

I just can't help myself. Try:<BR>[email protected]

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Julies

Try Hidden Trails or Equitours for riding holidays - some are based on farms. Try doing a search on Farm Holidays - you might find a lot.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Maggie

Sue,<BR>This is a great website for a farm stay!<BR><BR>http://212.134.55.132/farmstayuk/home.html<BR><BR>Maggie

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:14 PM
tierra

Sue,<BR>I don't know if you will be returning to the US after you have your holiday on a farm, but if you ARE returning to the US here is something to keep in mind. There is now new information asked for on the customs form that needs to be filled out before one can enter the US. One is asked if one has been on a farm or has had contact with farm animals. ( The concern is over possible transport of hoof &amp; mouth disease, obviously) I don't know what is entailed if one has been on a British farm, whether ones luggage is subject to closer inspection or if items must be 'treated' somehow , or items confiscated , or whatever. Anyway, it is something to consider.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:34 PM
KT

The hoof and mouth outbreak in Britain has been over for more than a year, so I don't think there's much of a worry about entering the US. I stayed on several farms in Scotland in spring of 2001, when the outbreak was dying down but not yet over, answered the question truthfully, and had no problem. They asked me a few more questions, and when I assured them that I hadn't had recent contact with animals, had always dipped my boots in disinfectant and cleaned off the dirt, etc., they sent me through.