Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Farecompare.com shows $142 return to Bucharest from many Cdn cities until next June

Search

Farecompare.com shows $142 return to Bucharest from many Cdn cities until next June

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those freaky sales don't happen often for us Cdns. Hope someone can use it. Over at the mileage run board on flyertalk, the sale is good from Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 04:55 AM

Wow, wish I was up there right now so I could get that fare.

Although I don't know Bucharest, Romania is a great country, unlike anything in W. Europe. Challenging at times, but less so than more developing countries would be. Once you get out of the city, it's like a look at Europe from a different time and beautiful to see in so many places. Sinaia is a short train ride away into the mountains. If you keep going on that line, you get to the gothic cities of Brasov and Sighisoara, surrounded by village with stone wall churches and horse drawn farm carts.

I guess I'm saying - if any of that sounds interesting, go see Romania
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:55 AM
Original Poster

Even for those not necessarily interested in Romania, the stopover is Amsterdam (at least from Ottawa). You might be able to stopover in Amsterdam for a week, fly to Bucharest for a night, then go home. I tried lobbying hubby, but to no avail The price all in, is Cdn $235 for June!
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 06:51 AM

I checked a number of dates for available seats,it looks like no seats are available for that price.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

I just went into travelocity.ca, put in Ottawa to BUH (bucharest) for June 13 to 27 and got a total price of Cdn $243.49.... maybe it depends which city you wish to leave from.
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM

You're two hours late! The price only shows up, but can't be booked or confirmed. It's over (at least for now