Famous Uncle Art

Jul 28th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Original Poster

Famous Uncle Art

I am a relative newcomer to the Fodors travel forum and l-o-v-e it. Have been terribly busy moving house recently but wondered whether the "Art" who passed away is the same as the "Famous Uncle Art" who posted such an entertaining post about his trip to London??

Would somebody be kind enough to enlighten me?

I do hope not - I really love the way he wrote of his travels.
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:06 AM

The damn search system still isn't working properly (when will the editors get that sorted instead of wasting their time censoring the odd ranting lunatic? Anyway some of my best friends...)

But the Art Hussey thread is now about a week old, whereas I'm delighted to say Uncleart posted under his own name a day or two ago.

And, from the captions on the link he posted, his faculties seem as sharp as ever.
Jul 28th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much flanneruk - Tis a sensitive subject. I was a little reluctant to ask!
Jul 28th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Well, I have to admit that I wondered the same--so am glad someone else asked.
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM

ditto
Jul 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM

Glad to know Famous Uncle Art is fine, but found out Fodorite Art Hussey passed. Sad day for me on Fodor's today.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:43 AM

I am sitting home since it is pouring and thundering, and am reading every post ever written. I ran across this post, when I realized that there was another Art besides my Dad I decided to read some of his post. Art Hussey sounded like a great guy and hearing about his passing was very sad. My Dad chose his screen name because that is his favorite nephews nickname for him. My dad is on his was to Virginia Beach to visit is older sister, it is his first time away from home since his illness (Shingles, dumb name bad illness) Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:54 AM

Hi yeadonite I haven't cought one of your posts in awhile. Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. I've had a friend suffer from shingles. It's awful.

FamousUncleArt has inspired me to visit the Arts & Metier museum and subway stop in Paris next week. His trip report of Paris intrigued me as I'm interesed in technology-type things.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 07:57 AM

Indy,
I will tell him that he inspired you to visit the Arts & Metier museum and subway stop. It will make his day! Have a great trip to Paris I look forward to your trip report.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:09 AM
ira

Hi Y,

Glad to hear that unc is out and about.

Nov 22nd, 2005, 08:13 AM

Well Ira this is a big test, he has a 2:00 flight and has not left for the airport and the weather is horrible.

Hopefully when he is away his sister will take good care of him and he will be ready to start planning another trip. Fortunately his illness coincided with my changing jobs so it we have had lots of time to spend together.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:07 AM

I hope UncleArt reads Fodors still and knows that we Wish him well!
Yeadonite, you have a great dad, interesting thing about timing, that you were able to be home with him, etc
Happy Holidays to you and your dad!
Scarlett

Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:12 AM

Yeadonite, wishing your dad happy holidays and tell him the gang says hello and we wish him well and on the road for many times.
Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM

I'm so glad to hear the Unc is traveling again, even if it's a short trip.

I hope the two of you can begin planning another house-swap soon.

Byrd