Reload this Page >

Family hotels in Rome

Search

Family hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:08 AM
carol

Family hotels in Rome

Are there hotels in Rome which will accomodate a family of 4 in one room? I don't necessarily want to have the family split into two rooms if possible. Would a B/B be better or an apartment for a 5 night stay?

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:11 AM
liz

Try Santa Chiara, we had a family of 4 and loved their accomadations. Sorry can't remember the room #. Have a great time. <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:25 AM
S

I just got quoted $215/night for a quad suite at the Nova Domus, a hotel near the Vatican. There is a double bed with an adjacent room (the bathroom divides the rooms) that has a queen size sofa sleeper. Al amenities including cable, breakfast, A/C, etc... I found it them at this site (they have an icon prompting to hoteldiscounts.com). Worth a look as a backup from the Santa Chiara.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 06:25 PM
mbb

We stayed at Hotel Venezia a quick walk from the train station. Recommended in Cheap sleeps. Its not that cheap but mention the book and you will get a discount. We had two ajoining rooms for about $200.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 08:01 PM
carol

Try the Hotel Trastevere in the Trastevere area. We got a rate of 200000 lire for a 2 bedroom apartment. Don't know if they have a website, but the fax number is 39-06-58-81-016 and the phone is 39-06-58-14-713. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 12:40 AM
Leslie

We stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara also and recommend it highly. It's very centrally located near the Pantheon on the Piazza della Minerva which was great for mid-day rests. Had a very spacious mini suite (room 102) for ourselves and two kids. You are right to look for a quad rather than two separate rooms. We had a very comfortable king sized bed and the kids had twin sofa beds. In room safe, TV, Mini bar, nice bathroom... Very nice staff, lovely lobby and excellent breakfast. Enjoy.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:49 AM
jo

I read on another website that the Santa Chiara turns off their air conditioning during the night. If booking with them or any other hotel you may want to get it in writing if the air conditioning is on all day. <BR> <BR>We stayed at the hotel Ranieri www.hotelranieri.com and we had 2 adults and 2 kids in the room. There wasn't a whole lot of room but it was ok and would recommend it and the air was controlled in the room so you could have it as cold as you wanted it. <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Catherine

On the advice of two sets of friends, we will be staying as the Gregoriana Hotel in a suite with two rooms, 2 bathrooms, and terrace at the top of the Spanish Steps. We are 2 adults, 2 kids. High season cost for the suite id about $400/night. You can read about the hotel on Karen Brown's guidebook or on her website.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Terry

If you are looking for something less expensive, we stayed at the Hotel Des Artistes (they have a web site) last summer for $130 a night. The staff was very friendly. The room had a king size bed, twin bed and a twin side cot. Our friends stayed in a room with the bath down the hall with the same arrangement and paid $80 a night. This rate was for a 3 night stay and we paid cash.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 06:17 AM
sara barrington

I found in Rome very nice Hotel near<BR>the Opera House in Via Principe Amedeo<BR>9, rooms very clean with tv minibar,the<BR>Manager Mr. Armando was very helpful and<BR>the price was very good 90 us per night<BR>with breakfast, you have to try phone<BR>or fax 06-4745800 <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>