Family Friendly Hotel in Paris

Mar 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

Family Friendly Hotel in Paris

Does anyone know a good Hotel in Paris for a couple with three children? We are planning to go in the beginning of Sept. We'd like to stay two nights if we can afford it.
Apr 1st, 2007, 04:31 AM

Type in "quad room in Paris" and you'll see lots of posts which will give you ideas. Since you don't mention your budget per night, some of the suggestions may not be in your range. Dont' put the quotation marks in the search field. Here's an example of one:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34912800
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM

There are 5 in the family - not sure if booking a 'quad' will work. At what age are children 'counted' when considering the # of people a room will hold?
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:22 AM
ira

Hi S,

> We'd like to stay two nights if we can afford it.

What's the rest of the itinerary?

What's your hotel budget?

Do you need one room or 2?

Apr 1st, 2007, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.
One room is enough if it can comfortably sleep us and a 9,7 and 3 year old. Our budget would be up to $250.00 Can per night. FRom there we are going to the South of France.
Apr 1st, 2007, 07:27 AM

re your comment one room is enough- It maybe difficult for 2 reasons- the rooms are small and to fit 2 dbl beds and then a third will be problematic unless you do your homework. In addition, some hotel will simply not put 5 people of your family's age in a quad room. Good luck- the standard NA room with 2 doubles and plenty of room for a rollaway is the exception rather than the rule in Paris.
Apr 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM

I travel with my husband and two kids (also 7 & 9). When you can find rooms with two American size double beds, there is no where at all for #5 to sleep, let alone comfortably. Also, the vast majority of those hotels will list 3 as the maximum number of people allowed in the room. I call and explain it is two adults and two kids, and only once have they refused. The Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris has two doubles, but I was there on points. It won't come in under your budget. Check out some of the quad threads here for Paris, as someone may make an exception for five.

We are going to the south of France this summer as well, and I have to stick mostly with Accor and the occasional Holiday Inn in order to find two double beds within my budget.
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:00 AM

My brother-in-law and his family usually stay at Le Meridien Montparnasse (big company discount) and their rooms have always come with two queen size beds plus enough space for a child-size rollaway bed. The hotel's pretty bland, not high on atmosphere, but comfortable (with AC). Probably at the top of your price range, but you might be able to find rooms within your budget with some Internet sleuthing.

An Inno supermarket is nearby, great place to pick up inexpensive sandwiches, snacks, etc.
Apr 1st, 2007, 08:08 AM

We stayed (5 years ago) at a Holiday Inn at Place du Republic (please forgive spelling - I'm going by memory).

We got a room with 2 double beds. If you can handle 2 nights sleeping with your 3 year old - it might word. It was right by a metro station and close to several restaurants.
Apr 1st, 2007, 11:46 AM

What I'm getting at is this:
You book a room with 2 doubles and it is stated on the hotel site that the room is for 4.

How does the addition of the 3-year old play in? Is there a certain age that a child will be allowed without being considered to be a 'person/adult' when it comes to the legal maximum for the room?