Notices

Fabric Store in Rome

Oct 4th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Original Poster

Fabric Store in Rome

I'm looking for recommendation for fabric store in rome that sells beautiful fabrics which can be use for gowns, veils, etc. I just want to look for a high-end store with a good selection. I'm thinking of buying materials for a wedding. The store doesn't necessarily have to cater to wedding attire.
Oct 10th, 2005, 01:19 PM

The store that you are looking for is Volli Tessuti Altamoda. I discovered it by accident on my first trip to Rome last October. They have beautiful fabric, just what you're looking for. From what I saw prices range from 35 to 700 euro per meter. If I can find my receipt I will post the address. But I can tell that there was a nearby Travelex office and the address of that office is Piazza Barberini, 21a. I hope this helps.
Oct 12th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reco nwtraveler. I'd appreciate it if you can post the address. If you don't mind me asking, what fabric did you buy and how much was it per yard.
Oct 13th, 2005, 08:29 AM

I found the address. It is Via Del Tritone, 126. And the name of the store is Valli Tessuti Alta Moda.

I bought a purple silk wool that has a beautiful embroidered hem. Because of the embroidery you could only buy it in 1 meter panels. That material was about 120 euro per meter. I also bought a green and purple wool for a jacket and a solid green wool for a matching skirt. The wool was about 40 euro per meter.

I did look at some silk and that was about 200 euro per meter. I let him know it was more than I could afford and he showed me the "cheaper" fabrics.

As I said before I came across it by accident on my way to my favorite gelato shop, but once I walked in I couldn't leave without buying something. It's not self service. A store clerk will pull bolts of fabric from the shelves for you.
Oct 13th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, nwtraveler. This is a big help.

=)

Search this Thread