Explore switzerland

Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Explore switzerland

I am in interlaken. So far I'm done with jungfraujoch, pilatus, cheese factory (gruyeres), montreux, and many small towns. I will be spending 2 more days in interlaken. I need suggestions on what areas around interlaken should i explore? Any beautiful scenic towns nearby?
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:12 PM

Geisbach Falls and Suldtal were suggested to us by a fellow Fodor's traveller. We leave tomorrow and will be in Switzerland in Saturday. Where did you buy tickets to Jungfraujoch and what are your thoughts of us taking this in while we are there?
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:25 PM

Murren and Schilthorn via Stechelberg?
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

We have been to trummelbach falls. Haven't heard about suldtal or the geisbach falls. where is suldtal and whats there to explore? well I carried Swiss pass and it worked out really well as we have free transport throughout buses and trains and 50 percent reductions in excursions to jungfrau Tiflis and so on. I booked for the mountain excursions via swisstours. I just went to jungfraujoch today and didn't really enjoy much because all the snow fun activities were closed And we couldn't get any view from the top because of bad and cloudy weather. So you need to check out for a clear sunny weather before you plan to go to these peaks.
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Greg- I forgot to mention I've been to murren,grindelwald. Any other suggestions?
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM

Thun
Jun 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

I m mostly planning to go for the same. Can you elaborate about Thun and what to do there?