Exhibits in Paris

Search

Exhibits in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhibits in Paris

We just got back from a week in Paris and saw two very good exhibits.

The first was the Mary Cassett exhibit at the Musée Jacquemart-André. We had purchased our tickets in advance so walked in past the line. The rooms were not very crowded so you could see the artwork. Well worth the time and expense. Musée Jacquemart-André - Site officiel - géré par Culturespaces, Paris

The second was Les Hollandais à Paris at the Petit Palais 1789-1914. It was a little more crowded than the Mary Cassett exhibit but not too bad. Very interesting juxtapositions between the Dutch and French artists of the time periods as well as their influences throughout the whole time period of the exhibition. I liked how each room was devoted to a Dutch artist and started with their image in one form or another. Les Hollandais à Paris, 1789-1914 | Petit Palais

We also purchased ticket to see L'art du pastel de Degas à Redon. The price was just two euros more for both exhibits. We didn't see much of this exhibit since it was very crowded particularly as there were display cases in some rooms as well as groups. L'art du pastel de Degas à Redon | Petit Palais

Just thought I would share. Please add exhibits you feel others would be interested in.
Old Mar 29th, 2018, 12:01 PM

We'll be in Paris in June. Planning to buy tickets for Mary Cassat and also the l'Atelier Lumieres Klimt. Last year we saw the Van Gogh lumieres exhibit and loved it

http://atelier-lumieres.com/en/node/855

Last edited by Judy; Mar 29th, 2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: adding link
Old Mar 29th, 2018, 01:58 PM

Thank you for the post. Was definitely planning to see both of these but hadn't thought about advance tickets. Seems like a good idea!

Here's a pretty good list of upcoming exhibits:
https://en.convention.parisinfo.com/...or-exhibitions

Last edited by didan; Mar 29th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2018, 02:17 PM

Would love to see the Mary Cassat exhibit, but we won't be in Paris until September. I need to see what will be happening then - thank you for the reminder.
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 03:43 AM

Merci! That is my plan as well. Nearby is the museum Nissim Comondo- which abuts the park moceau. I have always wanted to see it based on its backstory and have a chance to explore the lovely neighborhood. We have a week in Paris coming up in april and I'm trying to fill it with both things I've never seen and things I love, with a side list of restaurants and patisseries that I need to try!
thanks to someone on this board , we will be baking baguettes with Benjamin Turquier at 135 vdt !
Love you guys! If anyone has thoughts on Nissim Comondo or other not to be missed sites in that nabe please let me know!
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 05:42 AM

laurie, Nissim Comondo is fascinating and heartbreaking. It's a must see.
Old Mar 31st, 2018, 06:46 AM

If you're interested in other spots around the Parc Monceau, I suggest reading "The Hare with the Amber Eyes" which contains information about the Ephrussi family and a visit to the Cernuschi museum. These families were contemporary and all involved in French banking.
Old Apr 1st, 2018, 05:26 AM

Thank you both for your comments. Will absolutely check out the book.! I'm hoping to see both of those museums on the Sunday we are there (11:00 tix/tour at Nissim Comondo and now thanks to AGM bought online tickets to Jacquemart Andre). Also hoping to walk down (up?) to L'arc de Triomphe as it's another site I've never seen (from the top).
Any neighborhoid recommendations for late lunch, etc appreciated !