Excellent Tour Of The Sorrento Area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We recently returned from Sorrento. We used the Tour Of Italy father/son team of the Gargiulo's as our guides/transportation. Giovanni ,the father, picked us up from Naples and drove us to Sorrento. On the way to our hotel he stopped and treated us to cool drinks along the roadside while overlooking Sorrento. On the way through town he had called ahead and a florist came running out to the car and gave my wife roses!! The next day Giovanni took us to Pompei and arranged a great tour. He then took us to a special lunch for my son's birthday all arranged without any request from us. He even provided champagne and a Birthday cake. The next day, his son, Giancarlo, took us on a tour of the Amalfi Coast. He provided great advice on where to go in the towns and arranged a beautiful lunch overlooking Positano. I can't say enough good things about them. They may be contacted at www.tourofitaly.com.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 06:52 AM

I agree with the above post. Although we did not use the father, Giancarlo, the son, gave us a great tour of the Amalfi Coast AND of Sorrento.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 07:22 AM

I see this is your first post, Kurt. Can you tell us the prices you paid for the Naples to Sorrento trip and for the Pompeii visit? Where was the special lunch?
How much was the tour of the AC? Also, can you tell me where you stayed and how you liked it? Glad you had fun!
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 07:18 AM

Sounds like they went above and beyond with their service. I'm also interested in what they charged for their services. Thanks for any additional information.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 07:29 AM

Kurtfl,

Which hotel did you stay in Sorrento? I might email them for some prices for our trip next spring. Thanks for the info.