Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ever stayed at Hotel Bourbon Palais, Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2000, 05:43 AM
eEllen

Can anyone provide me with details from your experience at the hotel. It has gotten favorable write-ups but there is nothing like personal testimony! <BR>Thank you, <BR>Ellen <BR>[email protected]

Old May 11th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Denise

Ellen: <BR>I have just returned from a trip to Paris and stayed for the second time at the Hotel Palais du Bourbon. I have nothing but great things to say about it--huge, sparkling clean bathroom, good-sized room, breakfast delivered to your room every morning (or in the breakfast room,if you prefer). The location is great---right up the street from the Rodin Museum and around the corner from the Varenne Metro stop. You feel like you are in a real neighborhood--it's not touristy at all. Lots of charming restaurants right on the street---try the Club de Poetes for lunch--it's a charming little place, where the chef and waiters are all poets. The staff at the hotel are helpful if not overly friendly, and the price is great--we paid 750 F/night for a triple room which included breakfast. <BR>If you have any other questions about it, or Paris, I'd be happy to help. <BR>Have fun!

Old May 11th, 2000, 12:16 PM
anne

Kudos from us too - the biggest room we've ever had in Paris. Great location, fine bathroom.

Old May 11th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Ellen

I booked two single rooms that I confirmed have private toilet/shower for the rate of 420 Fr/night. Room has a double bed, not twin as well! I thought to myself, this is too good to be true! <BR> <BR>Any additional comments are welcome! <BR>Ellen

Old May 14th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Margo

Hi Ellen: As you know I can't stay at all the hotels I write about but the following might help you with selecting a room. <BR>PALAIS BOURBON: 49, rue Bourgogne. Tel: 0144113070. Fax: 0145552021. Web site: http://www.globe-market-com/ E-mail: [email protected] (32 rms., 25 w/toilet & bath or shower.) 495F/75EUR single; 625F/95EUR double; 740F/113EUR triple; 800F/122EUR quad. Air-conditioned (50% of the rms.). Breakfast (7:15-10am) at 22F pp. (I recommend you take it because it is so cheap.) Visa, MC. English spoken (Thierry), cable TV w/CNN, wonderful old country-style warm 2-bldg. hotel w/simply & individually furnished bright nice-size to large rms., modern large bathrooms, high ceilings, wooden flrs., most of the rooms are large enough for extra twin beds for triple or quads, #2 (king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & a/c) at 625F for a double; #4 (large rm w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds) at 625F; #1 (very large rm. w/king-size bed or 2 twin beds, minibar & faces back) at 625F for a double; #26 (large attic 2 rms. w/double bed, 2 twin beds, a/c, minibar & sitting area) at 800F for a family; 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 19, 21, 24 (attic rm.), 25 (attic rm.) & 27 (attic rm.) are large rms. w/king-size beds or 2 twin beds at 625F for a double; 20 rms. w/minibars & hair driers, soundproofed, great breakfast rms., elevator, 5 flrs. Owned/managed by Mr. Thierry Claudon. Mr. Claudon tries very hard to be reserved but he is wonderful & cuddly like a teddy bear. He doesn’t like rude people on the phone and will tell you he is full if you are not pleasant. That would be a shame because this is a great hotel. Métro: Varenne. Hello France! A Hotel Guide To Paris & 25 other French Cities $50-$99 A Night For Two! http://www.HelloEurope.com <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 01:33 PM
Topper

To the top.