Ever stay at the Dolphin Hotel?

Aug 20th, 1999, 06:45 PM
Carol

Ever stay at the Dolphin Hotel?

My husband and our 20 yr old daughter (she will stay after we leave to go to school there)are looking at places to stay (triple) at around 75 to 90 pounds. Dolphin (on the web site) looks nice but am worried about the size of the room for 3. Any suggestions? Any experience with the Dolphin Hotel? Too small?
Thanks for any info.
Carol

Aug 20th, 1999, 08:59 PM
Karnak

Wanna clue us in to a location? The globe's a big place. Lots of Dolphin-named hotels...Just having an off day--Karnak

Aug 21st, 1999, 06:55 AM
Carol

Oops! Sorry - the Dolphin Hotel it's in London, England around Hyde Park.

Aug 21st, 1999, 06:57 AM
Carol

Oops! Sorry - the Dolphin Hotel it's in London, England around Hyde Park.

Aug 23rd, 1999, 05:25 PM
Ed Howell

I don't know about the Dolphin but you might want to try the London Guards located on Lancaster Gate. The hotel is located just north of Hyde park. I don't know about the size of the room for three but judging from my room two weeks ago it should be ok, I had a double. The rate for a triple is 105P.
You can find them on the web at www.demon.co.uk/hotel-uk/guards.html.

Hope this helps. Ed

Aug 30th, 1999, 06:15 PM
Brent

My wife and I just returned from London and stayed at the Dolphin Hotel. We found it to be clean, comfortable and safe. The service was also good. Our room was a triple (a double and a single). It was just right for us but could have been crowded with another person. However, if you're not spending a lot of time in the room other than sleeping, you'll probably be fine. Compared to the prices of bigger hotels the Dolphin (and the next door Shakespeare Hotel which is managed by the same company)is a good value. The area is not glamorous but it is conveniently located near Paddington Station.