Reload this Page >

Paris Metro & Luggage

Search

Paris Metro & Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 01:48 PM
David

Paris Metro & Luggage

Will I be considered personna non grata if I take a wheeled duffel bag with on the Metro? <BR> <BR>Also is there any museums that concentrate on the French Revolution? <BR>

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 01:53 PM
Donna

You won't be personna non grata or the only person with a wheeled duffel. You'll be amazed at the large bags the locals carry all over. As for the French Revolution, there's the Musee Carnavalet (history of Paris), Musee de l'Histoire de France, and the Musee Grevin (wax museum, which has lots of "scenes" from revolutionary history, as well as before and after), just to name a few.

Old Aug 29th, 1999, 03:57 PM
wes fowler

David, <BR>Visit the Conciergerie as well. It was the "holding pen" for prisoners (including Marie Antoinette) while awaiting their tumbril ride to the guillotine. While there, visit the church Ste. Chapelle, as well. The effect of the light streaming through its magnificent stained glass windows gives one the feeling of being inside a kaleidoscope.

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 06:57 PM
steve

Just a couple of pointers on the Metro with luggage: make sure you hold on to your ticket because in some stations you have to put your ticket in the out turnstile to exit, also when going through put your bag in front of you and you'll get out easier. I still chuckle thinking of my friend who misplaced his ticket and couldn't get out of the turnstile and had to put in an unused ticket then getting halfway through with his suitcase behind him.

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 07:36 PM
Seamus

You'll not be PNG with your duffle - but do remember that there are seemingly endless steps - and precious few escalators/elevators - involved in traversing the Metro. Allow some extra time if you'll be doing battle with bags!