Euston to Gloucester Road

Aug 24th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Euston to Gloucester Road

We arrive on a Monday morning from Edinburgh at London Euston. Hotel stop is Gloucester Road. What's the easiest tube way to get there? It appears to me we should walk from Euston to Euston Square and take the Circle LIne. Other paths from Euston require a change - not sure if a metro change would be easier than the walk.

Also, I will need to find the London MIdland counter to redeem the 2 for 1 for the Original Sightseeing Tour, and I will also be purchasing a 7 day paper travelcard (which I assume I can do at the London Midland Counter, yes?)
Aug 24th, 2010, 04:59 PM

I Haven't been on that leg of the Circle line since the extension to Hammersmith opened. But I believe the circle line west bound from Euston Sq doesn't any longer go around to Gloucester Rd. You'd have to change at Edgware Rd to the other leg of the Circle line. I assume the transfer is easy - but others can confirm that.

Anyway - what Id do is take the Victoria line from Euston Station and transfer to the Circle/District line westbound there. No need to walk to Euston Sq.
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:31 PM

It's quicker to get a southbound Northern (Charing Cross branch) tube from Euston itself, then change at Leicester Square to a westbound Piccadilly tube.

99% of the time, the Circle Line connection at Edgware Rd is to a train on the opposite side of the same platform. But getting across to Euston Sq tube, then down the steps to the platform, is a bit of a shlep.

You can buy your travelcard from any Euston railway ticket office. As far as I'm aware, they're all operated by Network Rail: I've never seen a separate office for counter for an individual operating company anywhere.
Aug 24th, 2010, 09:39 PM

Yeah - I thought about Northern to Piccadilly. I guess its just this 'thing' I have about the Northern line.

Nearly 6 of one/half dozen of the other, but Northern to Piccadilly is probably a bit faster. Both options are better than walking to Euston Square.
Aug 25th, 2010, 01:36 AM

If you don't have too much luggage, a slower but slightly less fraught option would be to cross Euston Road and take the 30 bus to Baker St and change to the 74 to Gloucester Road (same stop at Baker St). You could also take the 10 to Hyde Park Corner and change there to the 74, but that involves a long slow crawl along Oxford St.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...ebone-2010.pdf