Reload this Page >

Eurostar fares / missing train

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 09:20 PM
Michael

I'm planning on hopping on a Eurostar train late morning after arriving in London earlier that day. I have a non-refundable, non-exchangable leisure ticket.<BR><BR>I think I planned enough time to connect, but incase my flight is late,<BR><BR>1)Would my airline be willing to put me on a plane to paris becuase of the delay?<BR>2) Would the eurostar people allow me to ride a later train on my existing ticket if I explain the situation?<BR>3) If they don't give any value to my ticket, what is the cost of essentially buying a walkup youth one-way ticket to paris? I can't seem to find a price anywhere becuase it keeps directing me to RailEurope. I heard somewhere in the range of 50GBP. Anyone know?<BR><BR>I appreciate your feedback.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:36 PM
Francis

I think youth Eurostar fares are relatively cheap. Not sure what the price is over there. Anyone?

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 01:06 AM
PatrickW

Prices and flexibility vary with demand. I managed to forget my passport once when I was travelling on a 14-day APEX ticket in mid-afternoon, but they simply transferred my booking to the next train - they obviously weren't busy on that occasion.<BR><BR>You could try and see if www.eurostar.com will let you tell it you're in the UK. It deosn't seem to like the idea of single journeys for online booking, and quotes GBP79 for an under-26 travelling out at noon on 3 January and back on the afternoon of the 6th.<BR><BR>You may have to call them in advance to check your options, but they may well say it will all depend on how busy they are on the day.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:18 AM
Andy

Michael- one thing that will NOT happen is the airlines putting you up or paying for a flight to a destination when you are supposed to get to that destination on a TRAIN....the airlines are totally separate from the rail system anywhere in the world.....<BR><BR>If your plane arrives at 7am,but the time you get lugage and go thru customs, it could take another hour or so --maybe more depending on what time of year you are going.....then you need to take the tube to catch the Eurostar--- you MAY have cut your connection times too short and need to see if you can go on a later train............Only Eurostar can help you with that answer...

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 04:55 AM
xxx

Oh, I logged on to this thread to read about the missing train, wondering what happened to it and if they had found it yet. Never mind.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 08:48 AM
PatrickW

She blew, she blew....