Reload this Page >

Europeans like us

Search

Europeans like us

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:21 PM
here

Europeans like us

Because those of us like them. I really believe if you are nice you WILL meet nice people. If you are toxic you will meet your kind. But this also applies to you personal relationships at home across the pond.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:37 PM
nada

But they don't like Teach.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:06 AM
zzzz

topper

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:17 AM
XX

They like us, they really like us. Who are you, Sally Field?

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 08:56 AM
canadian

I know you won't want to hear this and I'm ready for the bashing but this is a true story...Last year we were in Italy with our son (he's 25). He walked into a nearby town and went to a bar/cafe establishment for a beer and to mingle with the locals. They were very stand-offish and unfriendly even though he tried to strike up some conversations with some people around his own age. Somehow they found out he was Canadian and everything changed - some of the patrons even bought him drinks. They told him in broken English that they thought he was American and were glad to meet a Canadian...he stayed there talking to them for several hours and had a wonderful time. Make what you will of it.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:15 AM
xxx

I lived in Canada 20 years, and I am an American. I feel qualified to rant about both countries' bad and good points. A little known bad point about Canadians is how smug and self-satisfied they are. And jealous. As one of their favorite writers ( I admire her too) Margaret Atwood once wrote, Canadians press their piggy little faces up against the border and display their envy.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:06 AM
cindy

I guess the old saying "the best defence is a good offence"...I think "ugly american" (your words) makesthe point Canadian was trying to make better <BR>than anything else!

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:21 AM
xxx

Now, now, Cindy. I guess you don't recognize tongue-in-cheek when you see it, do you? Not too smart, eh? <BR>As Canadians would put it.