European Soccer Tour Operators

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Dorrene

European Soccer Tour Operators

Hello, My son and husband are avid soccer players. My husband has played for 26 years - since High School. My son is 15 and plays on his High School team as well as a club team. Here's my plan. I would love for my son and husband to visit Europe on one of the soccer tours. My daughter was able to visit England and Germany with her High School choir while she was in school and it as a lifetime experience she will never forget. She is now 23 and loves her memories of this time. There are numerous, numerous outfits that handle these types of tours. We see them listed in the European (and US) soccer magazines that my son subscribes to. Is there anyone out there that has had any first hand experience with any of these tours? We are not to the point of being country specific yet (leaning towards Spain). The main thing if to get them with a reputable outfit. I would greatly appreciate any information.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 01:41 PM
Jim

What kind of tour are you talking about? I'm assuming you mean where you travel to different cities to watch professional matches.

If so, Italy, England and Germany have the best leagues and would be the best countries to choose from.

Don't know anything about the tour groups specifically. If you live near a large city, once you decide on a country, find out the names of some of the top clubs in that country, and check the Internet (or phone book) for supporters (fan) clubs in your city. They can direct you toward the best tours.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 01:43 PM
Annie

I was assuming you weren't talking about your husband and son playing in Europe. I can't imagine such a team exists where your husband and son would play together.

But if they do exist and that's what you're interested in, tell both your husband and son to be careful. Soccer is a MUCH rougher sport in Europe. My husband was considered a finesse player in his native country who didn't like to get very physical. He was thrown out of his first three matches in the U.S., and seems to be considered a very physical player!

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 02:02 PM
Tony Hughes

Jim

I think the Spanish may disagree with you, mate.

I do too.

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 07:46 AM
frank

The word is FOOTBALL (futbol). Nobody here calls it soccer.Hope they enjoy their tour.I assume it includes Partick Thistle (nil).

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 10:38 PM
Tony

Frank..

Are they still going?
What league are they in these days?