Reload this Page >

European comic-book characters

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 03:14 AM
deepa

Just curious if all you guys in the US ever read Tintin comics? My husband and I just love them and recently bought a new set. We loved visiting the Tintin museum in Brussels. Asterix is one of our favourites too. BTW, what do the Italains think about Asterix comics?? Paulo??

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 03:54 AM
nancy

Our local libraries, in rural Vermont, have many Tintin and Asterix books in the children's section. <BR>they are pretty "big" among the children, and we have spent many hours reading them to our children and also they have spent many hours reading over and over the same books. <BR>The tintin museaum must be fun and funny!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 02:37 PM
xxx

For literal 'comic' relief!

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 03:29 PM
rand

I grew up with them but was shocked to find out that dor did not know what a menhir was. She did know the Elephants of Babar though.I guess they did not penetrate into Nanoose. My 'wallpaper' is a scanned image of 'Joe Bar'. Anyone know about that one?

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:27 PM
Melissa

I can't believe I did this, but in addition to other TinTin merchandise, I bought a TinTin English-Spanish dictionary for my niece!! The whole series of stuff is SO endearing.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Florence

Rand, <BR> <BR>"Joe Bar's Team" is famous to all motorcycle riders in Continental Europe. <BR> <BR>Do any of you know of Gaston Lagaffe ?

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 04:45 AM
Florence

Here's for Joe Bar fans: <BR> <BR>http://www.bandit-1200.demon.co.uk/p...Bar%20Team.htm <BR> <BR> <BR>and for Gaston Lagaffe future fans: <BR> <BR>http://www.gastonlagaffe.com/gaston/...n/index_en.cfm <BR>http://www.gastonlagaffe.com/gaston/code/en/themes.htm <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 08:01 AM
rand

Thanks for the url Florence. It leads to the 'official' marketing site. I did not know they had spun off to the point you can buy socks???? with their pictures on them. I will have to look up the comic books as souvenirs when I get to France.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 03:11 PM
deepa

For all you Tintin fans, just a cute thing I remembered about the Tintin museum. There are a few steps to climb before reaching the museum and they have actually broken a part of a step with a small picture there of the broken step in Marlinspike!