Search

Europe web cams

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Europe web cams

FYI...since live web cams are so exciting to watch, I found a Europe listing of several city names/ports from which to choose to view. Check out: http://www.kroooz-cams.com/ports/alesund.htm On the L side of the screen under the "Europe" heading, you can click on a variety of cities from A-V (from Alesund, Norway to Venice, Italy) to view. There is a great one of Monaco/Monte Carlo, as well as Madeira, Portugal.
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:03 AM

Speaking of webcams, when is SeaUrchin supposed to make her appearance on the Sorrento-cam? Don't want to miss her!
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

I know, she is supposed to be in Sorrento now right? I go in September and will head over to that spot too!
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:09 AM

Here is another list of webcams

http://chili.rt66.com/ozone/countries.htm

Bill
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:26 AM

Huitres, I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for her post. I think maybe she said next week. I'm jealous! You're going too! I'm leaving for St. John on the 18th for 2 weeks...maybe there's a cam there. Still Sorrento dreamin! Have a great time! Trish
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Trish - I can't wait to "return to Sorrento". I decided this time to stay about 1 week (I'll be in Italy a total of 3 weeks) , I'm so looking forward to it. I am hoping the Sept weather this time won't be so hot, I was there last Aug/Sept and it was unbearably stifling. Have a great time in St. John!
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:18 PM

Huitres, 3 weeks in Italy sounds like my fantasy! Last time I was in Sorrento was the last week in August / first week in September. It was warm and beautiful. We were able to swim, but it was not opressive. I'm sure your trip will be fantastic. I'll look for your trip report. When I get back from the islands, I'm going to start planning my next trip back to Italy! Trish
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi again Trish....I go to Italy about 5 or 6 times a year and usually stay for about 1 month. My Sept trip will be bit shorter than normal, but still ok! I have never posted trip reports because I don't travel like a lot of the other Fodorites that stay in luxury accommodations, eat at 5* restaurants, take limos, etc. I travel budget-conscious, stay in 2* hotels or pensiones, bring only 1 small carry-on suitcase (for 2 of us!), wear the same clothes over and over, use public transportation, etc. but I never miss a beat nor do I ever feel like a tourist! I have lots of family friends (and an ex-fiance) in Italy so my heart is really over there. I hope to move there next year!
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:42 PM

Huitres (this has really become our little thread) You should post a trip report...I would enjoy the benefit of your experiences on a budget. As we have just purchased our first home and are investing much into renovations, etc..but still love to travel. Being able to do both is a bit of a balancing act at times. I think some of the best experiences are in lesser known (and less expensive) places if you know where to look. I have one very good long time friend in Rome, so know a little bit what you mean. Congrats on being able to move there! I had considered that at one point too.
Old May 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Trish, maybe I will post something after my trip. I have a job oppty in Rome with an archaeological company, so I'm hoping that will become a reality sooner than later. In the meantime, I don't mind traveling back and forth from LA to Italy. I have been using the "Let's Go" travel guides since I was a college student and find they are right on the mark - not too fancy and not too dumpy. I purposefully go to places that are off-the-beaten track where local Italians go and I much prefer those experiences over the organized, tour methods. (I am also a single, divorced mother with a toddler, so my "traveling with two" is probably more interesting than that of the typical husband/wife couple!) I enjoy the challenges and learn something new each time. Plus my toddler has been speaking Italian for 2 years now so it's great she understands and we can communicate together - no one ever suspects we are Americans!